Demanding doppelganger

It has been a few days since the Salvator brothers had met the core witch and wizard and they had found themselves surrounded by a ton of books, ones that Stefan was all too familiar with but Damon had demanded that he find out as much as he could before meeting them next. Stefan was bewildered by his demand to research the wizarding world, knowing Damon was not one for having the patience to do so. He thought perhaps he wanted to know these things so he could relate to Raven Potter-Black more but had thought otherwise when he remembered that she did indeed have a boyfriend, not that mattered in Damon's eyes.

"See, I don't understand this shit" Damon groaned as he ran his hand over his face, the large book on his lap whilst Stefan was in his armchair, seeming more relaxed.

"What part?"

"How do muggle born even have magic? If they don't have magical ancestors, surely it's not possible?" He truly sounded perplexed and frustrated, he hated not knowing things and when he found information that didn't make sense, he would become obsessed with finding the answers.

"I'm not sure, maybe that's something we could ask Raven and George" Stefan responded with an equally confused frown, earning a confirmed hum from his brother, though he didn't look happy with having to wait. After a few minutes, Stefan could feel his brother's eyes on him but was too engulfed in the information (that he found was not here the last time he had read them) to even bother commenting.

"You know, if we were wizards, you would most definitely be a light one" Damon teased with a smirk. Stefan lowered the book onto his lap as he looked over at his brother with a raised eyebrow.

"I'm not sure if you're trying to insult me or give me a compliment" He chuckled but had only received a shrug from his brother before Damon turned his focus back on his reading, leaving Stefan feeling amused and confused.

"You'll be a dark wizard, hexing everyone who so much as breathed loudly" Damon let out a dramatic gasp and places his hand over his un-beating heart.

"You wound me, brother. I'd hex someone for more reasons than that" In a second, they were laughing so hard that tears were running down their faces.

Truth be told, ever since they had met Raven and George, their hatred for one another has simply vanished and was replaced by an equal understanding and hopefully, their bond could return to the way it was before being turned. These last few days for both brothers had been relaxing and quite frankly, the best days they've had for a very long time.

"Have you spoken to Elena? We have been cramped in here for three days now" Damon asked his brother curiously and Stefan noticed that his tone wasn't taunting nor vicious as it had been numerous times before when he acknowledged his relationship with the doppelganger.

"Honestly, no I haven't. We fought at the grill and I need a little space from her, she's too suspicious all the time. Don't get me wrong, being cautious is good but not to the point that it may turn her paranoid"

"You're probably right and from what I saw, she did not like the look of Raven" He chuckled, making Stefan sigh and hum in confirmation.

"I know a look of jealousy when I see one, I just never expected Elena to be that type of girl. Don't get me wrong, Raven is a beautiful woman but it was clear that George was a boyfriend-" Stefan stopped mid-sentence when he saw the tense expression on his brother's face, it was as if it truly hurt him to think of Raven with someone else and honestly, it worried Stefan. He had seen his brother jealous many times, from his relationship with Katherin to even Elena, but not once has he seen the pure agony that he's witnessing right now.

"Anyway, when do you want to go to her manor?"

"We could go-" Before he could finish his sentence, the sound of the front door opening and then slamming shut caught their attention. They looked at one another with confused frowns until they heard the familiar voice.