New friends

As the group watched their childhood friend break down in the arms of a stranger, they all began to question their involvement in making her unhappy. Sure, Matt and Tyler weren't necessarily that close with the Bennet witch but they grew up together and experienced a lot of things with one another. They couldn't stop their heart from aching at their friend being so in pain and yet, they hadn't noticed. They vowed to be more involved in her life and protect her from those who wish her harm, even if said person was Elena Gilbert.

Caroline, on the other hand, was feeling intense guilt and anger that she was unsure of how to act. Bonnie was one of her best friends, they spent the majority of their time together and yet, not once had she stopped and asked how she felt about being a witch and what that entails. She knew Elena relied on Bonnie's magic for a lot of things, especially when she seemed to be surrounded by trouble constantly. It wasn't until that very moment that she realised how much pressure Elena truly put on their friend, she had seen her argue with Bonnie when the girl wouldn't do something for her but had simply shrugged it off and put it down to being in a stressful situation. What hurt her the most, however, was that two strangers were able to pick up on her best friend's distress and yet, she wasn't able to see it. She vowed to be there more for her friend and stick by her side, it was clear to her that the new couple will have an important role in their lives from now on, and Caroline couldn't say she minded all that much.

Elena was seething, how dare they accuse her of using bonnie! Sure, Bonnie's magic was convenient to have whenever she needed it, but Elena was someone who was always put in harm's way, she needed Bonnie to be there to save her. She was even more furious at her traitor's best friend, who was curled in the lap of the stranger who stole Stefan and Damon from her. She had told Bonnie and Caroline about the dangerous couple who was clearly there to harm her, she saw the way this Raven girl was watching her and she couldn't understand why no one else can see it. She vowed to pull Damon away from her clutches, it was clear to her that he was being forced into a type of disgusting three-way relationship with the new couple. No, she will not allow it to continue, he will be begging for her attention again soon enough.

The Salvator brothers watched as the Bennet witch clung to Raven as if she was the oxygen she breathed. They both felt guilty because they knew none of this would have happened if they simply stayed away from Mystic falls, but in their defence, this was their home once upon a time and it had always held a special place in their hearts.

Stefan had thought of Georges' words and couldn't find himself disagreeing with them, that had been times when Stefan hadn't wanted to use Bonnie's magic and yet, Elena had downright demanded that Bonnie do something to help. He felt as if his girlfriend thought their friend owed her something and would not take no for an answer. Unfortunately, this led to the death of Bonnie's grandmother, Sheila and the guilt still eats him up.

Damon wasn't used to sobbing women, truth be told, it made him somewhat uncomfortable but watching the Bennet witch break down in his mate's arms didn't sit well with him. Yes, they've had a rocky relationship but wanted to hit himself that he hadn't realised how much of a toll it took on her to be dragged into the vampire business. However, Raven and George might be able to bring out a side of the witch that no one has ever seen and to be quite honest, he's looking forward to it.

Watching the little witch sob and cry on his mate's lap made him realise just how grateful he was to have her. She was ridiculously caring, even to those who she didn't know but like him, she could tell the poor girl was holding a lot of pain and resentment. They weren't sure that the Gilbert girl was the only reason for her breakdown, but he would never allow one of his people to suffer alone, and he's positive Raven felt the same.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
It wasn't long until Bonnie's tears dried up and exhaustion hit, but she knew she wasn't in the place to be able to fall asleep. It was then that she remembered where she was and who she was sitting on, she pulled back and a deep blush formed on her cheeks.