Esther Mikaelson

Sorry, everyone! this is a short chapter because I find myself constantly having writers block atm🤦🏽‍♀️ - I hope you are enjoying the story though!

Esther Mikaelson had spent the majority of her time on the other side watching her children wreak havoc down on earth. She had to witness every argument between them, every time her hybrid son daggered his siblings and every time they slaughtered hundreds of people simply because they were in a bad mood. She was well aware of the mistake she made when turning them into the abominations they were today but she acted out of fear, not wanting her children to be harmed and die like Henrik had been.

It had been a while since she checked up on her children, not only because it was hard to watch but also because she was too busy planning. It had taken a while but she managed to become whole again, to walk amongst the living once more and she immediately set foot to find her children. She used a spell to track them and found them in a busy establishment in the town of Mystic Falls, which had once been their home.

When she entered the mystic grill and sought out the familiar faces of her children, she was surprised to find them amongst others with a light in their eyes she had never seen before, even whilst they were human.

"Hello, my children" Her eyebrows furrowed slightly when she noticed how tense her children became. It made her wonder what she had done to cause such a reaction, since in her mind, she had been the perfect mother to them.

"Mother" Rebekah gaped, her face growing pale at the sight of the woman who had caused her brother so much pain. She knew Niklaus was the one who killed her, he had admitted it when they were on the road and though she felt betrayed at first, she listened to his explanation and realised that he wasn't at fault. Esther had blocked a part of him, his werewolf side that made him only half the person he felt he truly was and that caused a lot of pain, anger and resentment.

Esther looked over at the group and her eyebrows furrowed deeper at the odd power coming from three of the people sitting with her children. However, the moment her eyes connected to glowing Emerald globes, she felt her heart drop in dread. The witches on the other side often spoke of an immortal core witch who bonded with death himself, a witch with power far greater than anyone could ever imagine. The Queen of power, also known as the Queen of all witches.

"I see you recognise me, Esther Mikaelson" Raven spoke coldly, her glowing green eyes staring intensely which made her want to shrink back in fear.

"I- Yes, my queen" Esther responded as she bowed her head, much to the shock of her children who had never seen their mother behave submissively towards anyone, not even their abusive father.

"What do you want, Esther?" Esther gulped nervously as her eyes flickered between the Queen and her children.

"I-I wish to speak to my children, My Queen" The Mikalson siblings stared at their So-called mother cautiously, and knew that whatever conversation they'd have with her would not end well.

"Perhaps another day, we are in the middle of dinner" Esther knew it wasn't a suggestion, Raven Potter-Black was downright demanding that she leave them and it sparked anger within the blonde-haired witch.

"My Queen, please... I must speak-"

"You will speak to them if or when they are ready, no sooner" Raven growled out, the temperature decreasing immensely which made those in the Grill shiver. However, the supernatural beings felt the dark and threatening magic pouring off Raven in waves, drawing them in whilst Esther had to force herself not to kneel in submission.

"We'll speak to you at another time, Mother" Elijah spoke out, his tone emotionless which made Esther's anger increase as she felt they should have given her the respect she deserved.

"Very well, I shall see you soon"

They all watched as the blonde witch walked elegantly out of the grill, making the Mikaelson siblings sigh in relief.

"What are we going to do?" Rebekah whispered frantically, looking between her friends and brothers, and the door her mother just walked out of.

"I'll send her back from where she came from" Niklaus scowled and stabbed his fork through the sausage that was in his place, making Raven purse her lips to stop herself from laughing.

"Mortem could stop her from crossing to the other side, he'll drag her down to hell" Raven commented with a shrug before sipping her whiskey, not noticing the wide eyes staring back at her. They had gotten used to Raven's dark comments, and yet it still seemed to surprise them how unbothered she was by it all.

"Right... and what are we going to do about Henrik?" This made Raven pause as her eyes slowly began to widen, she felt guilty that she completely forgot about the youngest Mikaelson and his odd circumstances. Elijah, seeking the look in his mate's eyes smiled softly at her and grabbed her hand as he rubbed his thumb in circles on the back of it. "You've been busy baby, don't feel bad"

"I-I promise I'll get him back" She spoke lowly, her Emerald eyes filling with tears. Noticing her behaviour, Damon wrapped his arms around her waist and placed her on his lap where she immediately snuggled into him.

"We know, love" Kol spoke softly, placing a kiss on the back of her head.

"First, we deal with mother dearest"

A few days had passed since Esther Mikaelson made herself known to her children and she had spent that time contemplating how to go about her plans now that a certain witch was involved. She knew it wouldn't end well for her, especially when she saw how close Raven Potter-Black was to her children. What shocked her the most, however, was the fact that not only was the newest doppelganger in Mystic Falls but it seemed to her as though Niklaus had no intention of harming or even acknowledging her. Esther was positive that Elena Gilbert would be the key to ending her children's lives but couldn't figure out how to come about talking to the doppelganger. She did plan to host a ball but thought it pointless since her children seemed to not care about her presence at all.

Suddenly, a thought came to mind that made a sly smile form on her face.

"I need to befriend the Queen"