The real Elena Gilbert

I'm so sorry about the slow update, I fractured two of my fingers which made writing extremely difficult and I was also on a small holiday. I hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you for being so patient!

Caroline was extremely nervous, she hoped everything would go smoothly but when it comes to Elena Gilbert, life was never that simple. It was still a shock to her how different life was now, she always had a strained relationship with the Doppelganger but she thought that was due to her own insecurities but after meeting Raven, she knew that wasn't necessarily the case. Yes, being a vampire has made Caroline a better person overall but it's Raven who made her feel comfortable in her own skin, she may have days where she's feeling a little unsure but one little conversation with the witch and her confidence was skyrocketing once again. It was this trust she had for Raven that she felt one hundred percent confident that the plan would succeed, though she was still rather anxious about the whole thing.

Raven is seen lying against Caroline's headboard, her feet crossed at the ankles with a book in hand whilst the twins were busy setting up the last bits of their plan. Despite Elena being a Doppelganger and well sought out in the vampire community, she didn't have anyone there to rely on anymore, not since the Salvators.

"Give me attention" Kol whined from his position, his head in Raven's lap as he looked up at her with a pout. She lowered her book with a raised eyebrow, amusement shining in her bright green eyes.

"What kind of attention?" She asked with a suggested smirk, making the old vampire smile brightly up at her. Ever since he met the powerful woman, he enjoyed getting to know her and one of his favourite things about his mate was her flirtatiousness, which could even rival his.

"Please St-" Caroline was interrupted by the doorbell, which rang through the house. Caroline looked over at the couple with wide eyes, anxiousness evident in her blue globes.

"Don't stress out, little vamp. Everything will be perfectly fine" Caroline took a deep breath and nodded before heading downstairs to open the door. The twins entered rather quickly, both grinning ear to ear with a mischievous glint in their eyes.

"What did you do?" Rave whispered, eyeing them both wearily. Fred's grin widened whilst George decided to play the innocent act, his head tilted slightly to the side and with puppy dog eyes.

"Don't do that" She hissed, a smile threatening to spread across her face and unfortunately, she wasn't able to stop it when George blew a kiss her way.

"I've got some amazing nail polish! Brand new" Caroline's voice was heard getting closer to the room they occupied. The twins quickly hid behind the door, Kol sped into the ensuite bathroom whilst Raven remained on her bed.

"It's so great to see you, Care" Elena's overly sweet voice made them all cringe as she entered the room, though her head was turned towards Caroline who was walking behind her and so, she was yet to see Raven laying on the bed.

"Mhm," Elena finally turned around, stopping abruptly as she stared at Raven, who had returned to her book.

"What is she doing here!?" She shouted, looking at Caroline who had shut the door behind them. It was then that she noticed the identical red-haired twins, who were leaning against the wall with their arms crossed over their chests, showing their bulging biceps.

"Gilbert" They greeted in unison with a nod of their head.

"What's going on?" She hissed, glaring between them all.

"I think it's about time we had a little chat, don't you?" Raven smirked as she stood from her comfortable position, laying the book down on the bedside table before walking towards her in the middle of the room.