Special runes

Ever since Fred had returned to the land of the living, it seems something in their lives had finally connected, it felt right. Bonnie had warmed up immensely to her 'uncle Fred' and had taken the time to give him a tour of Mystic falls and even shows the type of magic that she was able to do. Things were so different for her now that she lived in Potter manor, being able to do magic whenever she wanted and experiencing the different types of spells that were performed daily was magnificent to her.

It wasn't until a few days ago that they noticed Raven was absent for several hours throughout the day. George became extremely worried when he woke up one morning to find the spot next to him extremely cold, indicating that Raven hadn't come to bed the night before. In a panic, he ran through the house, looking into every room until he came to the last door, the library. That is where he noticed a curled-up figure in front of the fire, the portraits of her family either snoozing or looking down at her with a fond smile.

"Hello, sweetheart. Are you alright?" Lily asked with a worried frown, seeing the dishevelled man with crazy bed hair and a frantic look in his eye.

"Sorry, Mrs Potter, I was worried about Raven. She didn't come to bed last night and has been spending a lot of time away" George sighed and sat on the floor in front of the occupied coach, running his fingers through his hair in hopes to tame it.

"She's a determined young lady and quite stubborn, a trait she has inherited from me, unfortunately. Not to worry, dear, I'm sure she'll tell you more about it when she wakes" There was something about Lily Potter that warmed his heart, she was caring, funny, fiercely protective and quite frankly, she is all the best bits of his mother, all the parts that he no longer sees in the woman that raised him.

"My stubbornness is one of my best qualities" A voice from the couch caught their attention, Raven was slowly sitting up, rubbing the tiredness from her eyes before looking down at George with a sheepish smile.

"Hi, Georgie" She yawned, making a soft smile form on her mate's face.

"Good morning love, you had me worried," He said as he kneeled in front of her, his arms wrapping around her waist as he looked up with a small frown.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to worry you. I've just been reading up on some interesting things, it's my new project" An excited smile appeared on her face, making George tilt his head in question.

"What's this project of yours, Prongslett?" Sirius questioned, gaining the attention of the two and that's when they noticed that all the portraits were now awake and smiling down at the couple with equal curiosity.

"Well... The potters were famous for the runes and warding, right?" The portraits nodded their heads in confirmation.

"Well, I found a way to use those runes as a way to boost a person's magic and abilities" Her excitement was quite adorable to them all and they were all rather curious about where she was going with this topic.

"You might have to explain a little more, sweetheart" James chuckled, making Raven sigh whilst running her fingers through George's hair, who was sitting in between her legs on the floor.

"Well, runes have been used for many different reasons, for example, boosting wards around homes and properties, like Hogwarts and the ministry. Runes are also most commonly used by purebloods, they create their rune-like signature to sign important documents, these runes tend to have some spells or when done for negative reasons, curses. I've been looking through some of the Potter grimoires and found unique runes that were created by our ancestors, some of which were never released or used before. Yesterday, I was able to create my own and it wasn't until last night that I discovered that I could use these runes in a form of... Tattoos" This was met with utter silence, everyone was looking at Raven with wide awed eyes. She was nervous by the silence but anyone could see the proud glint in their eyes as she spoke confidently about her plan.