REWIND

'There is no unbending ahead, Joy! You must have to come back in time to go ahead in the lane. You cannot escape the Gyrate...'

The talker was Yos. The small man, he had short hair and tiny eyes, but a big head. He was walking behind the man in the dark jacket, puffing the white mist. Rubbing his hands in the cold night, he added, 'I haven't seen one so far disobeying the flow of time that he controls...'

'You are aged, Yos!' exclaimed Joy. 'Why don't you sleep? It is late...'

'No!' Yos paced up ahead and faced up to the fair face of Joy. 'I am not tired today.'

'Then why don't you run and reach ahead?'

Yos stopped on the lane, and Joy approached to the trail road on his left. He crossed the street, even though it was red for walking. However, the cars were on the lines as if they were following the walking signals.

Yos closed his eyes, and after deep respiration, he followed Joy, saying, 'Well, my friend, I cannot control time. I manoeuvre as much as you can, but time rewinds itself for me. And I stay off in my march for a certain period because of it. Because I cannot go forward without a turn around my rigid core. It is absolute. I always have to move back unwillingly...or perhaps, for good and for deeper knowledge.'

Yos had a joyous face, but Joy carried his stern expression. He looked at the small man down, twirling back, and then advanced quietly in the mist of the night.

Yos did not move ahead with him when Joy passed a tall tree. He turned back slowly as if he was shocked. But his expression did not change from being a merry man. However, his health revealed his situation when he lay back on the trunk of neem, puffing even more.

What happened when he'd looked at the impassive eyes of Joy was a mystery. But he in the later day wrote to Herin that he came to a conclusion about his Son: he added, 'Your son no longer wants to stay under the Gyrate. He has found a void. And he has inaugurated walking to fill it with his might. Likewise, the man in your fountain, he is showing his true colour with quietness. But he is frail. I fear if he would survive the coming plight that he has set for himself...I fear if he would be possessed by some wrong notion. And my fear tells me that we must muster a few of people who truly understand the Gyrate and the Time, because all I have seen in his eyes is a dream to break the circling. And I cannot think of a decent word for a guy like him who wants to be in Fastlane. I haven't seen one so far in a decade. And those who had tried to be like that are notorious in the present. So, I want to meet you to discuss your son's situation. I will be waiting for you at the Greenghard Jully on the fourth day of last month.'

Greenghard. It was the land for all, though it was the place where hardly a man could be seen, except for Jully. She owned such a marvelous space where time was not a constraint. Anyone could stay there for eternity, and they would never age, she once said that to Yos.

And Yos replied to her, 'Immortality is not for me. I cannot take more than what I have...' and he abandoned the green and white palace between the mountains. Well, it was sometimes elevated to the clouds when winter snow was inaugurated on the lower land, which was happening.

'I think I have no choice...' whispered Yos, seeing the hovering castle. He rubbed his hand and the snow stopped, and the castle began proceeding down leisurely. Putting his hand in the back, he approached the avenue ahead under the grey clouds.

The ground had been enshrouded by the fireflies. At elevations, the bat's red eyes were flickering, and with closed eyes, the black hair guy in the yellow-white cloak advanced, murmuring,

Oh dear Lily,

Wish that we would never apart.

Wish that you were my daughter, and we work together in the lane.

Wish that you obey my words back then and disembark his ship.

Nought would have happened,

Neither the Gyrate would become,

Nor I have to be superior over anything...

But I cannot do anything now.

I am the first and last man of this lane.

And I will defend what has to be my precious for the lane.

So forth, so back, you are precious...

But I disdain what you have; what you love, my daughter.

Either I accept...

(Opening his eyes)

Or tell the world that the Gyrate is my enemy and inaugurate the great war of time.

Yos respired deeply that the ground shook rapidly. Black flames were sheathing everything around him. The leaves were falling, thereby the trees and the bats. Fireflies tried to flee away, but their shine was taken as the thick lines drew close enough to cover the world.

However, if it would not be a fair hand on the back of Yos, the world had been devoured in gloominess. And the hand bearer had a voice when she said, 'I was expecting at least someone to approach my fair door.'

The world would have been crumbled, if she did not add, 'Lily and Yarat of the Gyrate have been waiting for you at the fifteenth chamber. I know the tiding if you want to hark me. But Jully is the mother of the land, and I do not want to take her right over you, great father...'

Yos stopped his nose raging and he again closed his eyes, smiling.

'Oh, I wonder why I became groggy,' he whispered.

The fair lady in blond hair jumped beside him and hovered in front of him that he did not perceive and she said, 'You are not that timid as your son is. He is not here yet. Neither Herin the Helmsman.'

Yos pushed his hands on his back, and the green world was manifested to the lady. Walking ahead of her, he said, 'Their existence is my glory, dear. And if they fail to come today, I will unleash the man in the fountain of.'

'Do not bother your shaky hands to touch the cursed water,' meddled Herin, hanging his jacket on the shoulder appeared out of nowhere. Walking beside him, he added, 'He is already gone for sake of my son. Yes, Ciceroni is already on the move. Joy had released him before he met you. I was late to reach home. But when I arrived there, I wondered how he survived the gravity in the fountain.'

Yos laughed. 'Oh, my dear.'

'You find it funny, old man,' said Reine, the fair lady with blue eyes and in the white cloak. 'What if...'

'Do not worry,' meddled Herin. 'Men under the Gyrate are strong enough to overpower a whole sphere, while they are mere Undesirables!'

Yos paced up as the royal doors that were enlarging. 'Do not underestimate your son, Herin. He is like the downstairs folks. Unpredictable...'

As the golden door opened, he went in.

Herin and Reine followed him quietly, and the door thudded as the castle began elevating to the enormous, grey cloud under the full moon. 

*

Thank you.

Please share your thoughts to me via comment or dm.

peace!