THE NIGHTMARE WITH THE TRAVELER

A path on the tree led to the high gate in the east and beyond it; at the cliff near Bayshore, which was the last island of the Ananta in the west. It was said that the same path was the course of Shavsh, son of Yos. Perhaps, the reason behind him being a Beyond lay in his speed of traveling.

Well, he once said to Yos that if he is a shadow then Yos should be the star, much brighter than fire in order to be sensed by the blind eyes.

'You mean I should slow down and go much deeper into this world,' replied Yos. He did not have any wrinkles but the muscles and veins: more like an athlete, and much younger than his son. He put his hand on Shavsh's shoulder, and added, 'I accept your choice, Son. But why do you want it this way?'

Shavsh turned back, saying, 'We do coexist then we should not be simultaneous. That's my condition to work. Otherwise, I will stay The Nightmare and Hopeless altogether to balance the world of humans. But I cannot give everything that I will promise, nor watch everything without a great burden. Besides, I hate to stay woken in the daytime if I work as a nightmare. So father, let me find someone for you as a replacement. Until then, I guess you know whose company will make the most of you and the Ananta. Please be the guy to take hopelessness. I will make you work light, but you must stay alive until we meet again. And I hope you keep watching me over my thousand laps in a single step. But I won't cross the gate and fathom the inexplorable land of the lower sphere. We will go there together once we are free. After all, you will need my strength to shake the gate inward-out...'

It was true that there could be numerous possibilities to get to the colony of the eerie trees and the path on them. Yet on the side to the Bayshore, as the enthralling wooden road went on and on, the thin it was that became gradually wider as it met sandy rocks beneath the flying gate of the Ananta.

Og called the region beside the Ananta a baneful domain. He said, 'I can only perceive enormous trees with yellow lights on them at some distance beneath as if they were hollow, and someone is living inside them. At the lowest there, well, I cannot say if it was the lowest, but there the matter is no solid but strange. I guess, the mist overhead concealed them well enough to not be savvied thoroughly. Yet, it is just a matter of time, before I will overcome it. Eventually, I will lose the sense of fear. Because what can a curious guy can hold if he is scared of death? While I am curious as well as a traveler. I must not defy this self-proclaimed title. Besides, I am strong...'

'Indeed, you need an acquaintance, my little friend,' said Shavsh. 'Mind me not, but a lone traveler means he will die without spreading his tale. I learn it from history...'

'Then I am not a part of the history, old man,' said Og, as the surrounding became chilled. 'You better mind your words in my name. I am Olgaron, the bearer of Virgule. You must not meddle in my notion...' and as the thunder stroke, he disappeared, giving the shaking vibe to Shavsh, who stayed unmoved, even by the gesture.

The guy who never budged over vital matter was now a stone face, with no other than sweat on him. He wiped it from the forehead as he came to his sense, and then he manifested a kind smile, and added, 'He sure has some guts.' And with another thunder stroke and his sweat was about to drip from his chin, he flashed out of his hut and saw the boy under the moon.

He said, 'You claim to be Beyond for a moment as I lost that title, but now I understand where I am...and where you are. I thought only one can attain a title for his savageness. I am not wrong about it, but I was not right either. We are both of the same realm, but different places of the Beyond. Anyways, please travel with me to find two empty spots. Because I too want to know what is behind the doors. I can no longer wait for my father to take me there because he is dead from the entity from such a cold place. I want to find the shadow my grandparents described. I want to...'