To Esdelir

The gloomy fume was enclosing the world around Joy and Ciceroni. However, their appearance was bright, and also manipulated that they seemed to be in a wavering fluid. Their movement seemed slow as if gravity there was stopping them. And as the light began to pass around them in the tube that they were in, Ciceroni said, 'It is not like old times. Something is changed here.'

The dark flames around his cloak diminished, and he was about to touch the tube with the millions of striking lights, when he whispered, 'How many times have you been annihilated and rebuilt after my leave?'

Joy was behind, holding himself taller than Lord Cilus. He said, 'This matter seems weaker than before. I guess, its lord is defeated. Because all I know about it is that there is nothing this gate can grant us, except...'

'Keep quiet, young friend,' meddled Ciceroni. 'And keep your legs moving. This is the key to observing the change in this dimension. And let me know if you lost to feel aught.' He turned back with an evil smile, and added, 'I will help you get some pain...' and he kept moving forward.

The swooping lights altered into the hurtling thunder as they closed into a stygian dot ahead of them. It was noisy around them, and the gravity there was strange because sometimes, the lightening faded to absolute darkness, another moment, it came with a supersonic speed that it multiplied, and brought a fierce windstorm unable to be seen by men's eyes, though it hurled the two gallants. And then something dark came and sheathed those flairs. Ere, the spirit would come to anyone's grasp, it vanished a thousand times faster than those lightenings, forming another tempest behind it. Therefore, it had to run again.

'There he is,' said Ciceroni, who was thrown backward. 'The spirit cursed to circling. Maybe, I was too early to determine its fate.' He flipped in the middle of the air, and grabbed the ground by his legs and the tip of a sword, which was unleashed as the flames around him dissolved in him, and he in the dark armor and cape stood leaning ahead, and covering his face with his left hand.

But ere Lord Cilus would stir a bit, he saw Joy behind him flying, and holding the spirit with his bare hand.

'Very well, young man,' said the lord. 'I haven't seen your strength in a long time. Were you holding back in the world of the living?' He went close to the plain-faced Joy, and added, 'Or you ask his kin to land some strength!' There was a treacherous smile on his face, and deception in his words that Joy perceived, though he reacted with a fist that stopped all light in the domain, and impassively, the boy said, 'I am here to take him home, not to use the strength that I do not belong...'

The boy took lead as the spirit disappeared from there.

Ciceroni kept grinning as the darkness bound him back, and walked ahead, whispering, 'Maybe, I shouldn't care. But I must tell you that you have started this, and you have to guard this opening till the lord will be reborn for this task. You cannot get away!'

Joy stopped for a moment, and looked back. 'Like I care! Or you care! Let it be flowed and get protected by the invisible hand of the light. Let it be flourished itself. Because I am an Undesirable, and I am not needed anywhere or for any task...' and he proceeded further to the absolute darkness ahead as the light began striking the wall of the tube.

Their leaden steps were taking them to the threshold of Esdelir, but the door in front of them seemed to move back as if it did not mean for them. And the tunnel was shrinking as the thunder was proliferating. Nobody was there to devour its energy, which was overflowing: it made Aaramaan open his eclipse eyes in the gloom where only he dwelt. He blinked, and again, when he looked ahead, his vision widened, and he saw infinite brown dots making lines, though they were so dinky.

All the same, Aaramaan was not fully awakened: his eyes oft occluded.

The sight for Joy was pretty much the same as what the beast inside him was watching, but the light was more clear to him, and he said, 'This pathway is really good, save it does not have the vividness I am fond of. But it is alright. I know I cannot get to see such celestial stairs every time.'