The Boy & The Dragon

The gloomy world was terrifying to look upon because if someone could have dared to wander there, one had perceived the fear not to behold a thing, neither to feel nor foresee the consequences of the maneuver. But there was a man standing firmly just before the door to Esdelir, and he was espied by the white smoke he exhaled.

The ivory aura of the entity was flickering as it raised the hand and touched the intangible walls of the tunnel. It immediately retreated, hearing, 'I would never do that. I would not even think to hold the stygian thunder!'

The entity replied by stepping into the frame resembling a cosmic portal emitting blue, grey, and violet lights.

'Interesting!' said the beast in the mind of Joy. 'You made mistakes...a lot...when you were speaking a lot! But ever since you are staying wordless, I wonder what is making you such a mystifying lad...and why have you brought me to my home!'

Joy was in the region where light was fully dissolved in the darkness. Ahead the world was filled with grey, green, and blue colors, and the boy walked to that hopeful sight. He still had showed no emotion on his face, nor any words he offered to his hidden partner. Meanwhile, the wind proliferated as he fared to the openness. There ahead the dark things were diminishing, uncloaking the smidgen view of the grey sky and the moving ground. And before the grey world, there was a blue stream, carrying marsh on its ends.

Not only the sight, but the voice of the wild nature was perceivable, and Aaramaan called it, 'The Drums of Liberation! It was muffled for a long time in my ears, but now that I can hear the cascade and the only path to the grey heaven, my heart is thumping faster than my head can think. Now, I do not feel like I am a slave to my own self, but a beast with instinct that does not depend on any goal...I can happily rest thereupon. Maybe, become useful as a part of a good story or a pillar of this tangible world.'

With an exhale, the boy remained silent and slipped to the shore which began shaking. He stood beside the river that fell down a great height, maintaining a laminar flow. The flow was altering to violent as it was meeting the ocean beneath the stormy sky.

Far ahead, there was only one thing, one color, and one world was seemed stagnant; the Grey domain. It looked like the sky and the ground were the one. And the beast was finally revealed as it descended from the sky and hovered over Joy.

The white smoke was no longer leaking from the boy. He had no cloak but a sleeveless, black shirt, and a blue pant reaching no longer beneath his joints. Further down, he only had the slippers with no strips, though he had a chain and a pendant similar to an eye of Aaramaan. He snapped it out and crushed it between his palms.

Seeing this, the beast smiled.

'Now that my body and soul are one,' said Aaramaan. 'And I can go beyond the grey heaven to make Esdelir as the Esdelir, I must say farewell, mate!'

The beast was the ivory-skinned, grand dragon with brown eyes and a long tail. His size was so enormous that even the greatest mountain of the Ananta could have been crushed by his nails if he had landed on it. His look did not justify any emotion other than anger, but his tongue did not waver when he spoke, and he sounded like a sagacious beast.

However, the lad still had a plain face and half-closed eyes as if he was half-asleep. He jumped on the skull of the beast, saying, 'I am not here just to summon your body, Aaramaan!'

The beast soared so high that the boy was shocked for a moment and clenched his skin, saying, 'The journey together has not ended yet!'

Crashing out of the cloud, Aaramaan, soared straight to the horizon, hissing, 'You were saying you do not need my strength, were you?'

The sky above was too grey but brighter than beneath where were crashing and dissolving the clouds, making the sandy thunder and tornado upward as well. It was an incessant hindrance for the air wielders, especially liking of Aaramaan. But the shrewd beast was turning without any trouble which showed his flexibility, and when he passed through a compressed wall shaped from an upward stream of gust, it manifested his durability.

However, Joy was lying on the forehead of the beast with his legs and hands crossed and his head was resting on the raised horn. He snubbed the dragon who smiled, saying, 'The tunnel was just a term to reach this sphere. But the world of beasts was once a free territory, separated by the sea of grey water, and illuminated by vividness. All the same, there was the dimmest light that stayed there eternally to show the path to another landscape of this one nation. The same incandescent camouflages the sight of your home. It covered our minds to believe there is no other world in the distant land. Every living thing believed that until you appeared before our almighty rulers. You disrespect them with...well, I had hoped things would be different and they would have welcomed you as their guest. But anyways, we are going to make it happen.'

Joy stood up, gazing beneath, and he jumped down without any word. Aaramaan followed him, but once the boy went into the cloud, the beast did not find him anywhere but lying on his skull. And he said, 'I believe, there is a maze made of illusion. Should we go yonder, or make our course through the bridge of lost legend? Both are equally frightening without Ciceroni.'

'Then we will get him!' said Joy, abiding tall in the sky. There was a fire in his eyes for the first time, though still impassive, he was when he added, 'He cannot be dead by some trickster!'

Aaramaan smiled, soaring high in the sky, saying, 'I am sure the dungeon is the only place then. But dead cannot be living there!' 

*

Thank You!