Black manor, New Orleans.

A few weeks later, everything was sorted and I made sure there were no loose ends that may drag me back to England. I had given a few people an open invitation to drop by whenever they wanted and after an emotional goodbye, I packed everything I owned into a few extendable trunks and did some last-minute organising with Gringotts. Ragnuk had kindly given me a trunk that can be used as a way to transfer anything between us, along with a card that connects to all my vaults which could be used in the muggle world, as well as the magical.

I exited Grimmauld place with my luggage shrank down and placed it in my pocket. The portkey sat ready in my hand as I looked up at the home that held many memories, some bad and some good, nonetheless, I'll miss it dearly. It will be kept as a home for the future, when or if I ever return for whatever reason. I sent Kreature ahead to meet the other house elves and explain the small rules, along with cleaning the manor in case it was neglected.

"Goodbye Padfoot, goodbye uncle Reg" I sighed and activated the portkey after looking out for any muggles in the area. I felt the familiar feeling of being dragged away, the pulling in my temples and the uncomfortable turning in my stomach. Before I knew it, my feet touched the group and I bent over a little to calm the nausea. After a few moments, it drifted away and I hesitantly stood up, coming face to face with the most beautiful manor I have ever seen.

As I approached the gates, I could feel the wards that were preventing intruders from entering

As I approached the gates, I could feel the wards that were preventing intruders from entering. I pricked my finger and placed it on the gate, waiting to see if the wards had accepted me as its new owner. Thankfully, only a few moments later, I felt the wards reach into my core and gave me the feeling of being welcomed. A smile spread across my face as I entered the property, with a wave of my hand, the door unlocked and I entered the manor.

I was shocked that the entrance hall was so

I was shocked that the entrance hall was so... Light, especially for the Ancient and noble house of Black, who were always so dark and gloomy. The open plan was beautiful and wasn't like Grimmauld place, which felt rather claustrophobic.

"Mistress Raven!" Kreature appeared with a wide smile, making me giggle.

"Hello, Kreature" I greeted as he wrapped his arms around my legs.