Marcel Gerard

The first evening in my new home was rather peaceful after the elves helped me unpack my belongings. The only problem was the empty cupboard in the kitchen, which was absent of any food. So, the next morning, I threw on some tight black ripped jeans, an old band top that belonged to Sirius, and my leather jacket and trainers before leaving to explore a while before going food shopping.

I walked through the city, simply amazed at the old buildings and beautiful scenery. What I found comical was the witch shops that could be found around the area, things that aren't necessarily used in my world but I also knew that there were different types of witches here in New Orleans. These witches drew their magic from their ancestors, meaning that they would be able to lose their magic if they disrespected the balance of nature. Unlike us, who are born with a magical core and can be creative with what we do with our powers.

Also, it wasn't hard to feel the real witches from the fakes, their power was apparent but not all too powerful. The city was also swarmed with vampires, and I was quite surprised to find that Oliver was indeed correct, vampires did run the city and it turns out, they are keeping the witches from using any magic. It's not something I can particularly comment about, since I don't know the reasons behind the vampire's actions but in my opinion, they shouldn't be forced to hide their magic, especially when that's a part of who they are. It's the same with vampires, they can't help that they need blood to survive, there's no point in stopping them from doing so because that's against their nature.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I collided with a strong figure, making me stumble back slightly.

"Shit, I'm sorry" I apologised and looked up, coming face to face with a dark-skinned man with a muscular figure and a handsome face. From what I could sense, he was a vampire and an old one at that. He held himself confidently, like a leader

"No, I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going" He responded, though I knew it was a lie. I could see in his eyes that bumping into me wasn't an accident but a way to find out who I was without confronting me head-on. I shook my head with a smile, playing along.

"I tend to get lost in thought a lot of the time, bumping into people has become a habit" it was true, I spent a lot of my time at Hogwarts lost in thought and I've had many occasions where I would walk into people without knowing that there was anyone in the halls in the first place.

"I'm Marcel, by the way," He introduced himself as he held out his hand.

"Raven" I responded as I shook his hand. With a single action, images of his life flashed through my mind and a group of vampires, in particular, caught my attention, though I'm not sure why, yet. As I came back to reality, I took a deep breath to calm down my rapid-beating heart.

"You're different from the other women I've seen around here," He said with a charming smile, making me chuckle as I shook my head.

"Does that line usually work?" He paused for a moment and screwed his face up whilst thinking of an answer. I thought that he looked rather cute but of course, I wasn't going to tell him that.

"Sometimes"

"So... The women here are easily pleased with a little compliment?" I questioned teasingly, though I was genuinely curious. Instead of responding, he barked out a laugh and shook his head in amusement.

"I like you" He grinned and wrapped an arm around my shoulder, guiding me to Merlin knows where.

"Of course you do, I'm awesome" I responded with a casual shrug, making him look down at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Cocky little thing, aren't ya"

"Nah, just confident" He let out another laugh and I found it rather contagious, which led me to laugh along with him before we found ourselves outside a little bar.