thirteen

Noah.

I watched tears glide down her cheeks, non stop as she stared to a plate of hospital food.

Hemmings told her he wanted all of it gone about ten minutes ago and she had yet to take a bite.

"Do you want me to go get you something else?" I asked her calmly, wanting nothing but her to stop crying.

"I'm just not hungry." She hiccuped out.

"Baby, you have to be hungry, you've barely eaten today." I told her calmly.

She covered her face, hiccuping into her hands.

"I don't know why I've been crying so much, I'm sorry-" "don't be sorry, you're going through a lot." I spoke to her, kissing her head.

I tried to feed her, it didn't work.
I took a bite and over exaggerated how good it was, hoping it would make her want to try it. That didn't work.
I bribed her with everything I could think of, from concert tickets to a hundred dollars, the kid just didn't want to eat.

"The smell makes me feel sick" she cried out, trying to push it away from her, an involuntary gag coming out, making me immediately gag as well.

Just as I got over my gag, I heard her laugh lightly.

I looked, seeing her still crying and holding her chest, but laughing at my struggle.

"You know I have a weak stomach" I laughed back to her as I watched her slowly swallow, taking a small sip of whatever juice they had given her.

I could tell from her facia expression, something was wrong.

"Need to throw up?" I asked as she swung her legs over the side of the bed, letting me watch her arm as she stood quickly.

I got nothing but a swift nod as she almost ripped he blood pressure cup off, allowing me to almost sprint to the bathroom with her, holding most of her body for her.

I caught her hair as she threw up.

"Jesus." I whispered, trying to ignore the sound of her hurling.

Soon I saw Hemmings enter, nodding to me.

"I got her." He told me calmly, taking her hair out of my hands, relieving me from the sound of her puking.

Montana.

I felt a better grip on my hair, telling me Noah had been replaced.

"Okay tana." I heard Hemmings voice say as I felt his hand touch my back.

I puked once more before I finally felt normal.

I pulled away from the toilet, feeling him immediately wipe my mouth.

"Gross" I mumbled, seeing him smile lightly.

"How much did you eat?" He asked me slowly.

"None, just the smell got me"

He exhaled at my words, gently grabbing my arm to help me stand before walking me back into my room area.

"Noah, all good?" His voice was almost hysterical as he guided me back to the bed, taking the food away as he did.

Noah did a swift thumbs up, head tucked into his arms as he laid in a chair.

"Do you think you could drink a nutritional shake, just something to put on your stomach?" Hemmings asked me slowly.

I refrained from whining, knowing he was just trying to help me.

"Sure." I mumbled.

Within seconds he had a nurse bringing various flavors in, leaving it with us.

"So I'm leaving for the night." He spoke slowly, making me nod.

"My on call doctor or here, his name is Doctor Hood, he will be taking care of you everytime I'm not here." He told me calmly, making me nod.

"Try to drink all of at least one of these, more is better though" he told me, referring to the shakes.

"I'll be back early in the morning, we are letting you sleep in and then taking you to do chemo." He spoke.

"Thanks" I mumbled out, seeing him smile as he slipped the blood pressure cup back on my arm.

"Noah, need anything from me?" Hemmings asked him.

"No, thanks" Noah exhaled, making me fight a laugh.

"Have a good night, Doctor Hood will come in shortly to introduce himself."

I felt my heart drop

Another fucking guy, there's no female doctors in this hospital?

"Hey" I spoke right before he went out of view, making him raise his eyebrows to me.

"Does- does the new doctor know?" I asked slowly, seeing his facial expression soften.

"I'm going to talk to him, no worries."