twenty six

Luke.

"Yes, and then get married" montana laughed as they laid in bed together, looking to each other as they whispered, trying not to wake Austin's mom.

"Young love, huh" Harry whispered as we watched then whisper, planning their life after cancer.

"I wish they could experience this without having to have cancer" I mumbled to him, making him nod.

"We'll find a cure, and they'll be the first two to get it." Harry spoke and I nodded in agreement.

"Montana" I spoke, feeling like a dick for separating their cute moment.

She turned, her smile never fading as she looked to me.

"Ready to get started?" I asked her, her smile dropped.

"Sure" she spoke quietly before moving to stand.

"I would wish you luck, but I don't have very good luck with the cancer department" austin spoke, making her smile.

"Thank you anyway." She spoke, squeezing his hand before coming to me.

We walked to her room where Noah was on his phone.

"I was wondering where you were" Noah spoke with a smile as I guided her to sit on her bed.

"Austin's room" she mumbled, making him nod slowly.

"So what's first today?" Noah asked slowly.

"Well- let's go over everything"

I went over every detail we had planned for our day

We'd start by going to the lab for blood work

She'd then have to snack because of the amount of blood we were required to take.

We'd then do an MRI followed by a CAT scan with dye to light up the cancer areas so we can make sure it isn't spreading.

Then a normal echo and if we aren't happy with the results that it gives us, a transvaginal echo.

And then I would go into a meeting with Ashton and out chief of surgery to determine our plan and if we can proceed to have surgery or do more chemo and wait.

"So I'll be allowed in everything, right?" Noah asked.

"Well no, you'll actually be required to stay outside for every test" I told him slowly, thinking he had already known that information.

"Wait, even like the MRI- they allowed me to go in for stuff like that at the other hospitals" he spoke sternly .

"They should've never allowed you into that, that exposes you to radiation, it's very unsafe-" "so it's unsafe for me to go but you can put Montana in the machine that is exposing radiation?" He shot to me.

"I don't think you're understanding-" "Noah, I'm exposed to chemo and radiation everyday." Montana interrupted, looking to him cautiously.

"So you don't want me in there with you?" He shot to her quickly.

"It doesn't seem as if we have a choice-" "you can be in there for the regular echo, but when it comes down to the transvaginal echo, that's considered a lightly sedated procedure in this instance, so you aren't allowed" I explained slowly, making sure I didn't cause negative reactions.

"And you're okay with this?" Noah asked her quickly.

"Luke can keep me safe this round" she spoke slowly, giving his hand an assuring squeeze, but I could tell- it hurt his feelings.

"Okay" he mumbled. 

"Well, I'll be here- just come get me for anything that I can be in." He spoke, making me nod to him.

"Ready to start with blood work?" I asked her, seeing her nod slowly.

She stood with me, letting me guide her to the lab area.

I felt her grab my hand as I opened the doors, making me immediately hold it, giving her an assuring squeeze.

I guided her to sit in a chair where I pulled one in front of her, setting the arm rest down for her to rest her arm on.

"Remember, this is just taking blood, no different than an IV" I told her, seeing her nod.

I tied the tourniquet, letting the flood collect before pushing on her veins lightly, seeing the one I wanted perk up.

"Okay, look to my shoulder" I told her.

She did as said and I immediately got the vein, seeing the blood flow, making me release her tourniquet.

"Just have to sit like this for about three minutes." I told her calmly, seeing her nod as she looked anywhere but her arm.

"Where's Ashton?" She asked me after a few moments.

"He will be joining us in about twenty minutes, he had a few appointments this morning." I told her, seeing her nod.

"Luke?" She spoke after another second, making me look to her.

"Who is going to be doing the transvaginal ultrasound?" She asked me quietly.

"Michael- the same guy that does you normal ultrasounds and echos." I told her calmly.

"And you'll be in the room, right?" she asked me.

"Yes, Ashton and I will both be there to comfort you if you want us to be" she nodded.

"I want you to be" she nodded to me firmly.

"Don't stress over it, okay?" I told her calmly.

"Before it, we will give you a little sedative just to keep your heart rate down and your body relaxed, and I won't leave your body for a second."