twenty five

Montana.

"Come on, I'll walk you back" Calum alike, reaching for my hand, which I took to get down from the counter.

But I had a better idea

"No it's fine, just come tell me goodbye before you leave." I told him, sending him a smile to make sure he knew I was okay,

"Okay love" he responded calmly, letting me walk away.

I walked just far enough out of their view to let them talk, which I knew they were talking about me but I didn't care.
But I immediately turned around, sneaking to Austin's room.

I walked in, seeing his mom just getting in from work, herself smiling as soon as she saw me.

"He's on his phone" she told me, allowing me to turn the short corner, where he was laid in bed, watching TikTok.

"Care for company?" I asked him, catching his full attention, a smile breaking out across his face.

"Of course" he opened his arms, allowing me to crawl in bed with him, laying in his hold.

"You two" his mom smiled as soon as she saw us, pulling her phone out quickly.

"Smile" she spoke before quickly taking a picture before sitting on her pull out couch bed- exactly what Noah slept on in my room.

"Just don't tell Noah I let you two cuddle, he probably wouldn't like that"

He definitely wouldn't like that.

He held me tightly, I listened to his heart beat, closing my eyes as I did.

"So what's wrong? You never come visit this early" he asked, whispering due to his mom laying down.

"Just nervous about today" I mumbled to him, feeling him rub my arm gently.

"Don't be. Everything is going to work out perfectly." He spoke.

He didn't know why I was really nervous, but today wasn't the day for me to tell him either.

"You're right." I told him.

Luke wasn't going to let anyone hurt me, I knew that.

"So I assume you're hiding from your doctors right now?" He laughed out, making me laugh with him.

"For sure" I confirmed with a nod.

He squeezed me a little tighter.

"I guarantee, this will be the first place they check."

"Austin, you bloodwork looks like absolutely shit-" the voice of Harry's doctor spoke as he walked in, making Austin immediately laugh as he stopped at the sight of us.

I think I'd cry if Luke used a cuss word to describe how my blood work looked, but Austin found it hilarious.

"Montana" Harry, the doctor spoke in a warning tone, but yet his smile told me he wasn't mad at all.

"Do your doctors know that you're here?" He asked.

"Of course not" I spoke with a smile, making him laugh.

He shook his head, his smile never fading before he went to Austin's monitor, hitting a button that made his blood pressure cup inflate, us all going quiet as it did it's job.

"Good blood pressure, austin" Harry spoke, entering the information on his iPad.

"Okay lovebirds" he spoke after another moment.

"I'm giving you guys three minutes and then I am telling your doctors where you are, enjoy" he smiled before leaving the room, making me look to Austin, who smiled lightly.

He suddenly started coughing and couldn't seem to stop, making me pat his back firmly, feeling my heart almost instantly increase over the small fit.

"Fuck" he cussed as soon as he was finished, clearing his throat.

"You okay?" I asked him slowly, seeing him look to me.

"Yeah- I just really need someone to die and give me their lungs" he spoke

Oh yeah, we're sick.
And dying.

"Kinda fucked up, isn't it?" He asked me slowly, making me nod.

"I have to hope that someone dies in order to live" he spoke, making me take his hand.

And then I asked him the question I had yet to ask him

"Austin, how bad is it?" I asked.

He smiled lightly, bringing his hand to my cheek, rubbing his thumb across it.

"It's bad, Tana" I felt my heart drop slightly at his words.

"Like stage four bad?" I asked him quickly, seeing him exhale.

"They don't even label me under a stage" he spoke, looking to our hands, which were intertwined.

"Harry says I have about nine months to get a pair of lungs." He told me firmly.

"Well nine months is good, I'm sure they will find some-" "I'm pretty far down on the transplant list. I was a smoker before this so they don't put me as priority." He told me.

I cleared my throat lightly.

"You'll get some lungs." I told him with a smile.

He smiled, squeezing my hand.

"And the day I do, I'm going to marry you" he spoke, making me instantly start laughing.

"That'll be a very busy day" I laughed to him, his own laughter joining mine.

"Oh yeah. I'll have to wear my tux into surgery- can't be late to see the bride" he joked, making me laugh with him.

He tucked a few pieces of hair behind my ear, exhaling as he did.

"We're going to kick cancers ass" I told him, making him nod slowly

"And then get married" he smiled firmly to me

"Yes, and then get married."