thirty

Montana.

I woke up to someone rubbing my stomach.

It was a weird touch

And suddenly, everything I had just endured flooded back into my mind, making me immediately open my eyes- seeing a pitch black room, but I could see a man's shadow over me.

I screamed louder than I think i ever have, shoving the body that was touching me away from me, throwing myself off the bed in order to escape, tripping over an entire chair, but immediately getting up- ignoring the pain I felt from my fall and sprinting out of the room.

Luke.

Ashton and I were waiting on Michael to develop the scans so that we could discuss everything when suddenly I heard her monitor go off rapidly, followed my a scream and multiple other noises that made Ashton and I instantly run for her room.

Before we even made it into the room she was almost sprinting out, her and my own body colliding, her face drenched with the look of sleep and fear.

"Someone's in there- they're trying to touch me" she full blown panicked, trying to escape my arms and suddenly Noah walked out, confusion written all over his face.

"They were touching my stomach- someone is in there, let me go!" She screamed to me, trying nothing but to get out of my arms.

"Montana." I spoke, making her tear filled eyes stare to me.

"It was just Noah." I told her calmly, seeing her look to the door where he stood.

"N-no" she mumbled, still holding me as if her life depended on it.

"No someone was in there- they were touching my stomach." She let the first few tears fall.

"It was me, Tana" Noah told her calmly.

"I was trying to wake you up so that I could tell you goodbye before I go to work."

The one thing I asked him not to do, and he glanced to me, knowing he was wrong.

I pulled her into a tight hug, feeling her let out a cry.

"I couldn't see him though, I don't think it was a Noah" she cried into me.

"You have a sedative in your system, so it's probably making you dream a little more and you just weren't completely out of the dream when you woke up, so it made you see what you were dreaming about." I told her calmly, seeing her piecing it together in her head.

She looked to Noah, who was filled with concern.

"Montana, I hate to leave you like this" he spoke quietly, and she cleared her throat, letting go of me.

"It's okay" she almost whispered.

He pulled her into a hug, which she fell into.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"Yeah- Luke will take care of me." She mumbled to me.

I swear I saw jealousy flip across his face.

But he was quick to clear it when he noticed me looking at him.

"Okay, I'll see you in the morning" he spoke, looking to her face, his own written with concern, but she was looking to the side the entire time.

He shook my hand firmly before leaving.

"Want to go back?" I asked her, motioning to her room, knowing she still needed to sleep that sedative off.

"Can you just check first?" She asked me slowly.

"Of course." I told her.

I left her with Ashton who talked it over with her and comforted her.

I went in, knowing I wouldn't find anything, but I still checked for her comfort.

I flipped a chair back right side up, since it was laying on its side as if it had been tripped over, which reminded me to check her for any bruising.

"The coast is clear" I told her as I came back out, making her immediately follow me back into the room.

She sat on her bed, looking to me with wide eyes, making me pull a chair in front of her.

"Talk to me" I told her, knowing she needed to talk.

I saw the tears swell in her eyes but she shook her head at me, making me exhale.

"Do you feel okay?" I asked her, watching her try and blink the tears away.

"Yeah" she spoke in one breath, making me nod with her.

"Your scans should be almost done and then Ashton, Michael and I are going to look over them" I told her.

"I don't want surgery" she was suddenly crying, making me grab her hands tightly, making her catch her breath,

"You have to talk to me, baby." I mumbled to her as she took dramatic breaths, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Why don't you want surgery?" I asked her calmly.

"I don't want to be asleep" she cried out to me.

"Because you're scared that someone is going to hurt you?" I asked her calmly, running my fingers across her knuckles.

She nodded firmly to me.

"When you have surgery, it will be me, Ashton and Michael along with an intern or two and then an anesthesiologist and a few nurses." I told her slowly.

"There will not be a single person in that room or watching the surgery that I wouldn't trust to keep you safe." I continued, seeing her nod slowly.

"I know you haven't known me that long so I'm still not completely trusted, but I'd rather die than let anyone ever hurt you again."