twenty one

I woke up to Noah's loud talking, which immediately pissed me off.

"She'll be fine while I'm gone!" He announced loudly to God knows who.

"Shut up" I spoke quickly, making him go quiet

"Sorry" he suddenly whispered, moving to me.

"I'm leaving for my job interview, I should be back in about an hour" he spoke, kissing my head gently.

"Good luck" I mumbled to him.

He left shortly after that, making me exhale, excited to have some peace and quiet.

"Hannah Montana"

Jesus Christ.

"No" I whined out, hearing Austin immediately laugh.

"You told me you'd come with me to get my chemo." He reminded me.

"I have an IV in" I used the first excuse I could think of.

"Luckily for you, those are portable" he laughed to me.

I opened my eyes, seeing immediately that he contained a lot more energy than me, which made me shut my eyes.

"Come on sleepy head." I felt his hand pat my shoulder gently.

"Okay."

I got up, brushing my teeth and hair quickly, putting on socks as I did.

"As gorgeous as ever" he spoke, making me roll my eyes as he held my fluid bag that was connected through tubing to my arm.

He continued to hold it for me as he led me to the normal chemo receiving room, his doctor already there and set up.

"You're late" the doctor spoke, but he had a firm smile.

"You can blame that on sleepy beauty." He immediately nodded his head to home as I sat in an empty chair beside him.

"Well in about forty minutes, she'll get to make fun of you for being sleeping beauty."

Austin and I talked as he got his chemo, it weirdly never phasing him as drastically as it phases me.

"You're not feeling sick?" I asked him as he made yet another joke.

"A little" he shrugged

How the fuck did he handle it so well?

Soon Harry was guiding him, standing close to make sure he didn't stumble as I held his arm for support, leading him to his room.

"Moms sleeping" austin reminded us as we entered, telling us to be quiet.

"We'll go straight in here, get the fun part over with" Austin laughed, allowing me to sit on his bathroom counter as he assumed his position by the toilet.

Harry gave him a pill, telling him to let it dissolve on his tongue.

We were able to talk for a good few minutes before he started throwing up.

I immediately started supporting him.

I rubbed his back gently, wiping his mouth as Ashton does for me.

"Fuck" he exhaled after only a few moments.

"Need water?" I asked him quietly.

"No, I need my bed"

So I helped him to bed, covering him as he held his head, clearly a little dizzy.

"Can I get you anything?" I asked him

"No Tana" he spoke quietly.

"Okay, get some sleep" I told him, squeezing his hand gently.

"Don't use me as an excuse to take yourself a nap" he joked yet again.

"The jokes never stop, do they?" I asked him, seeing him smile

"Not so far"

I woke up to quiet talking and the smell of food.

"Yeah- we will need to do an echo for sure-" "shouldn't we do transvaginal, just to make sure we are seeing everything?" Ashton's familiar voice spoke.

"I know that would make her uncomfortable, we can most likely see it all with just a regular echo-" "but you can't be sure" I opened my eyes at the sound of discussion, seeing Luke, Ashton and a familiar doctor that did my echo the first day I was here.

"I'm just saying, I understand what you're saying, but I don't want to walk into a surgery not knowing exactly what we are getting at." Ashton spoke slowly.

"I'm not putting her through that." Luke spoke back to him, just as firmly.

"Through what?" I asked, making all attention turn to me.

"Did we wake you?" Luke immediately asked, moving closer to me.

"Yeah, but it's okay" I mumbled, knowing he would immediately apologize if I didn't just declare that it was okay.

"Were you guys talking about my scans?" I asked slowly, seeing Luke nod.

"Yeah, but it's nothing you should worry about." Luke told me calmly, tucking some of my hair behind my ear as I glanced to Ashton and the other doctor- who's name I can't remember- looked to each other.

"Ashton" I spoke slowly, gaining his full attention.

"Wanna tell me what the elephant in the room is?" I smiled to him, knowing that they were definitely disagreeing about something.

Ashton glanced to Luke who exhaled, but nodded slowly.

"Michael and I agree that one of your scans tomorrow should be a transvaginal echo, but Luke disagrees." Ashton explained slowly.

"Transvaginal- meaning what?" I asked slowly, hoping it didn't mean what I was thinking it meant.

"Similar to a Pap smear, the camera would be put in vaginally so that we can see everything, not just the surface- which is all that a regular echo shows us."

My heart dropped into my ass at his words.

"Fuck" i managed to force out a laugh as I looked to Luke.

"We don't have to have the scans for your surgery Montana, we will have plenty of other scans that can show us-" "do any of the other scans show you everything like this echo?" I asked slowly.

I didn't want to agree to this

But I also didn't want them cutting me open without knowing what they were walking into

Luke exhaled at my question

"Not to the exact same precise measure, no" he spoke slowly.

"If I was a patient that hadn't been assaulted by a doctor, would you recommend this?" I asked calmly.

He looked away from me.

"It's usually required." Ashton answered for him.

"Okay then" I exhaled slowly

"Put me down for it"