thirty four

Montana.

"Do you want to cancel it? We can get it scheduled for another day but it would probably be next week- the books get tight after today?" Luke asked me as I cried.

"No" I wiped my tears.

"I am so sorry Montana, I swore it was him I talked to, I would have never went into this without talking to him, even if I did have that original contract signed with him," he told me.

"You have no reason to be sorry, it's his own fault that he didn't change the number. I can't even tell him and his dads voices apart on the phone." I told him quietly.

"I'm sorry he yelled at you" I apologized to him.

"I've been told worse" Luke smiled, trying to cheer me up.

I hugged him tightly

"If we can get through whatever has been wrong with Noah, I'm one hundred percent convinced we can get through cancer" I laughed into his chest, feeling him squeeze me.

"You're right" he laughed back, directing me to lay down in bed.

"Now you relax, I'm going to let Noah in, press the nurses button if he even stresses you out a little bit. In about an hour I'm going to come in with Ashton and go over everything with you guys and get you ready to go" he told me, making me nod

"Sounds good"

Noah was quiet

I think he knew I was mad at him, which he should.

"I'm really sorry about everything I said, tana" he spoke quietly

"It's okay." I spoke back to him.

He ended up sitting closer and asking me about my day and such, which I didn't have much to say- I had pretty much just woken up before he came in here yelling at everyone

But just like said, Luke and Ashton showed up about an hour later and put an IV in, talking over the whole surgery process with Noah, myself trying not to listen because I honestly didn't want to know.

"So you've been given a sedative, that's just going to relax you. A nurse is going to come in here and help you change into a gown and get your hair situated and then we will be taking you shortly after." Luke told me, squeezing my shoulder firmly.

"Can't wait" i exhaled for him, making him smile.

"See you in a few." He spoke firmly before leaving,

Just like said, I soon felt dramatically relaxed

Noah.

I knew the medicine was working when she started spilling all of her secrets to me.

"And Austin is literally dying, but I love his dumbass" she covered her mouth, letting out a loud laugh as soon as she said it.

She said she loved a guy.

"Whoops" she laughed right after, letting her head hit the bed.

Soon a nurse came in and made her get pretty much naked besides for a gown, which got multiple comments out of her- each one making both the nurse and I hysterical. 

And soon Luke was here, informing us that Ashton was already in the operating room waiting on her and that everyone was in the hallway, ready to wish her a goodbye.

"Take me on my parade then." She spoke, giving a wide smile as the nurses disconnected the bed, which is what they were bringing her on.

They rolled it slowly, immediately walking out the room and seeing Harry and Austin.

Harry spoke to her first.

"See you in a few hours, be brave" he spoke, giving her hand a tight squeeze

"And remember what I told you- now would be a perfect time" he spoke, making her laugh to him, making everyone else smile.

Everyone seemed to watch as Austin moved closer to her, the two of them whispering, foreheads almost touching

Austin.

"You come out of there alive, okay?" I told her firmly, seeing her smile.

"The wedding would be hard for me to attend if I didn't" she spoke back to me, making me swallow the lump in my throat.

Take Harry's advice, just say it

"Austin?" She whispered.

"Hm?" I hummed, holding her cheek in my hand, praying in my head that she would make it out of this.

"I care about you- a lot." She spoke.

I smiled.

"I care about you too" I smiled back to her.

"But like more than the average care." She clarified to me, making me laugh, fighting tears as she spoke.

"I care about you more than the average care, too." I spoke.

And just like that, she kissed me firmly.

I didn't hesitate for a second, holding her cheek as I kissed her back before disconnecting it, pulling her into a hug.

"Okay then." I heard Harry mumble, making me smile into her shoulder.

"See you in a few hours" I told her, pulling away.

"See you then" she smiled

Harry stood with me until they all walked out of view- myself avoiding all eye contact with Noah, he already wasn't a fan of me, I can't imagine what he thought after that.

"No I love you, but a passionate kiss in the middle of the hallway?" Harry laughed, putting my hand on my back to lead me to my room, where I immediately put oxygen on, feeling my lungs straining when I didn't have it on.

"We said I love you- just not those words exactly." I told him, making him smile.

"You two are so weird." He laughed and I took a deep breath, feeling relief from the oxygen.

"So when are you planning to tell her that you need to be on oxygen full time, rather than almost suffocating from not being on it when you aren't around her?" He asked me like the typical smart ass he is

"When I know she's in the clear" I mumbled to him

"No reason to stress her out even more right now."