fourty four

one week later
Luke.

I watched her as she stared off, her head laying on his body.

I rubbed her back gently.

She had, had a very rough week.

We did scans and found that there was still cancerous cells on her ovaries, luckily none appeared to be activated, so the chemo was working.

But this just meant we had to do chemo longer.

Everyone was working hard to find Austin lungs, himself getting over a hundred thousand shares on Facebook with people bringing awareness to being a donor.

"Do you think you could eat something?" I asked her carefully, knowing that Noah would be here soon and she definitely wouldn't eat then, all she does when he is in the room is cry and fight with him for the most part.

Their relationship was on thin, thin ice.

"Yeah" she exhaled to me, sitting up slowly.

"I'll be back, okay?" She whispered to his body.

She stood, taking my hand and letting me lead her to the cafeteria.

I sat with her, watching her slowly eat and play with her food.

Her and I were at an all time closeness.

I almost spent every night with her, even though Calum assured me that he had her.

I slept in her room with her, keeping her company, because that's what she asked me to do.
I took over for Austin for the time being, taking her on her midnight snack runs when she felt like it.

I watched as she stared to the kitchen, the smallest smile coming to her mouth.

"What?" I asked her, seeing her immediately laugh, shaking her head.

"Do you see the big circle on the ceiling of the kitchen, the darker circle?" She spoke slowly.

I glanced over, almost immediately spotting the circle she was referring to, something I wouldn't have noticed if it hasn't been for her pointing it out.

"I wonder what that from?" I was genuinely curious, but her laugh immediately made me smile to her.

"One night, on a midnight snack break, the kitchen let Austin and i make pancakes" she continued to smile, staring to the area as she spoke.  

"And we were trying to flip the pancakes without using the spatula, and I could get the height on it to make it actually flip" she spoke, finally looking to me.

"And Austin's first try, he did it so dramatically- it hit the ceiling and we laughed so hard we were crying" she was genuinely smiling as she told me the story, making me smile to her.

"And it ended up falling right back off the ceiling, into the pan." She finished, smiling to me.

"So that's why you'd always be so tired when I came in, you'd be up all night throwing pancakes at the ceiling?" I asked her, seeing her laugh.

"Something like that,"

Suddenly the doors flew open, making everyone look towards them, where we saw Noah

"Montana" his facial expression was something I couldn't read

"It- it's your mom."