thirty seven

one week later
Austin

"You're going to be beautiful bald" I spoke to her as she sobbed into my shoulder.

She had almost fully recovered from surgery, but the chemo was currently getting the best of her.
And we had all been noticing the hair loss, but today it finally hit her and made her self conscious.

"What the Fuck" she sobbed out, running her fingers through her hair, hair steadily coming out as she did- just making her cry harder.

She was sitting on the bathroom, I was standing between her legs, holding her as she cried her eyes out.

"I feel so ugly" she sobbed into me.

"Don't ever let me hear you say that again." I told her firmly.

"You are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, and nothing will change that- especially your hair." I told her firmly just as Luke entered, realizing the situation almost immediately.

"Oh Tana" he immediately spoke, rubbing her shoulder gently.

"I have to shave it" she cried out.

"You don't have to, baby-" "but I do, I can't walk around with four different bald spots in my hair- this is so ugly." She cried, falling right back into my shoulder, making me glance to Luke, who exhaled.

"Can you grab a pair of clippers?" I asked him, seeing him sympathetically nod before leaving.

I shushed her cries, knowing that Noah was sleeping in her room, not wanting her to wake him because I would almost immediately feel unwelcome.

Within several minutes Luke returned with clippers, making her cry even harder.

"Just give me a minute" she spoke, wiping her tears as she cried.

"Okay." I spoke, pulling it in as I did.

"No- Austin please give me a minute" she thought I was turning it on for her when I did, but instead, I took it straight down the middle of my own hair, making her gasp immediately.

The chemo had never impacted my hair greatly, it got much thinner and changed textures completely, but I never got to the point of needing to shave it.

But if it was going to make her more comfortable in her own skin, I was going to do it.

"Austin, what the fuck" she laughed out as I asked her to get the back.

"What? Can't let you get all the cancer kid attention" I joked to her, hearing her immediately laugh, Luke managing to laugh as well.

After she saw me bald, it was like nothing to her.

She made me do it, but she didn't shed a single tear.

We soon looked to each other, laughing at our reflections.

"I feel like my head looks huge." She laughed out, making me laugh in agreement.

"We have the real cancer kid look now" I spoke, making her immediately laugh. I hugged her from behind, continuing to look to her in the mirror, watching her take several pictures of us.

"So I actually came in here to tell you guys something" Luke spoke carefully, and I had already known this, but he didn't know that Harry told me.

It was my make a wish.

And we didn't think it was good that they were offering it, but yet we took it because I wanted to have a real time with her.

"So make a wish has heard about you two and has decided to send you both on a trip of your own choice, accompanied by your doctor of choice, of course." Luke spoke, making Montana immediately light up.

"We get to leave here?" She spoke, purely excited.

"For four days, yes." He confirmed, making her look to me.

"Where do you want to go?" She bounced to me, seeming more than happy about this.

"I don't know baby, where's your dream destination?" I asked her.

I watched her face scan mine, the smile never dropping.

"I-I don't know, there's so many places." She laughed lightly to me.

"Well you guys have some time to think about it, they would like an answer in five days or less." Luke told us, making me smile to him.

Luke hugged Montana as soon as she got down from the counter, telling her how proud he was of her managing to do her hair.

She then brought me straight to her bed where we laid together, whispering about all the options of places we had to go.

"What if we do a cruise?" She asked happily, making me laugh.

"Whatever you want to do, babygirl"