fourty

Luke.

To say the least, the rest of the day was not good at all.

She was sick for most of it, of course.

When she wasn't sleeping, she was crying over having to go home even though I begged her not to.

We would figure something out if she wanted to stay here, I was just as attached to her as she was to me, I by no means wanted her to leave and never come back again.

Currently Noah was getting ready for work as she laid in bed, Austin pulling a chair up to sit closer to her, them both fighting their chemo symptoms, but yet I knew the minute Noah left they'd be in bed together.

They had just submitted where they were going for their make a wish trip, they chose Tennessee, which none of us expected.

Considering they debated between Hawaii, New York, Mexico, we were all very shocked to hear Tennessee, but we didn't question it.

Make a wish planned this trip for in two weeks, so I knew that even if her scans came up clean, i was most definitely going to make something up for Noah to believe, because if I started her stem cells transplant, she wouldn't be allowed to leave the hospital and that would ruin the entire trip for them, I wasn't letting that happen.

But I knew if I told Noah that her scans were clean, he would demand that we start the stem call transplant, because he still isn't a big fan of the idea of the trip, especially since not a single person had mentioned inviting him, but yet Harry and I were almost immediately invited.

"Okay kiddo" Noah spoke out, kissing Montanas head gently.

"Have a good night" montana told him.

"You too, you both get some rest. Goodnight Austin." We were all shocked at the attempt of Noah being actually nice to Austin, but Austin didn't hesitate to say a quick "goodnight."

Just like planned, Austin immediately got in bed with her, the two of them picking a movie.

I noticed a wheeze from Austin, and just as I almost mentioned him needing to turn up his oxygen, I looked- seeing that it was on high.

That made my heart drop.

I immediately dismissed myself, going to Harry.

"Hey have you listened to Austin's lungs lately- he has a wheeze but yet his oxygen is on high" I pointed it out and his facial expression told me exactly what I didn't want to know.

"No, man" I spoke.

"He needs some lungs." He spoke, seeming defeated.

"How long do you think he has before he has to go into a medicated coma?" I asked him.

Harry rubbed his face, and I swear I almost saw tears in his eyes.

"I would've put him on it yesterday if he would've agreed." He told me.

"Oh no-" "he says he has to make it to Tennessee." He completely.

"But at this rate- if he doesn't let me out him under willingly, he's going to die from suffocating and I don't know that I'll be able to even give him two months extra." Harry spoke.

"What the Fuck are we supposed to do?" I asked him, making him shake his head.

"I've tried to talk sense into him-" "let me talk to him." I suggested.

"I don't think it will work-" "give me a shot. You stay with Montana, I'll talk to him."

He agreed.

So we did as said.

After hearing them both complain about us separating them, Austin came with me willingly.

"I'm not doing it." Austin knew what I was doing before I said a word.

We both sat in the chairs in his room.

"She's so excited for this trip- I'm not ruining it-" "Austin." I spoke firmly.

"You and I both know you aren't going to make it to the trip." I felt a lump in my throat as I told the kid that I had grown so close to these words.

He shook his head

"I can make it-" "and what? Traumatize her by passing out over the first hill you walk up, it's Tennessee- high elevation, no flat surfaces, you're setting yourself up for failure" I was being harsh, but he needed to realize that he was killing himself.

"Can we try to compromise and make a deal?" I asked him slowly.

He looked to me, telling me he was listening.

"How about, tomorrow- I take her shopping and get her a nice dress- or whatever she wants to wear. Harry will take you to get a nice suit- or whatever you want. We will take you guys to the nicest restaurant in the city and let you guys spend as much time as you two want together. We will then let you guys have as much alone time as you need to break the news to her and then you two can also do whatever you want without interruptions from us. Then the next morning, you let Harry put you in a medicated coma so that we can save you." I almost begged him.

"And if you don't get any lungs in time?" He asked me quickly.

"We will." I told him.

No reason to speak any negativity into this situation.

"We either get lungs, or I at least die knowing I gave it one hundred percent." He spoke, making me know- he agreed with my plan.

I nodded slowly. 

"Okay" he wiped a tear as he nodded .

"Just please- let me tell her."