five

I woke up, seeing a dark room and seeing Noah asleep on the couch, which pulled out to make a bed.

I sat up, clicking my phone, seeing that it was one in the morning.

I got up and went to the rest room before sitting back in bed, letting my hand run over the lump on my lower stomach.

I needed Tylenol.

I got up, starting to dig through my bag in search of any.

I ended up sitting on the floor, quietly digging through it.

I paused when the door opened, a tall figures shadow coming in before it clicked a light on- revealing to me that it was Luke.

"You okay?" He asked me slowly.

"Yeah- I'm just- looking for Tylenol" I spoke quietly.

"Stop looking, I'll get you even better" he spoke, extending his hand to me as a offer to help me up.

Hesitantly, I stuck my hands up to him, letting him help me stand, where he immediately let me go.

He turned to a cabinet, which he had to unlock before digging through it, pulling out a bottle before dropping some pills in his hand, grabbing a bottle of water, handing both to me.

"The strongest Tylenol you can get, you won't feel pain within ten minutes" he told me quietly.

I trusted him, taking the pills slowly.

"Is the lump firm?" He asked, motioning to how my hand was on my stomach.

I felt it silently, trying to figure it out myself.

It wasn't firm or hard in my opinion, which is what I told him.

"Can we wake Noah up so I can look at it and maybe touch it, only if you aren't too uncomfortable" he spoke.

Just the fact that he wanted to wake Noah up made me feel better.

I trudged over to Noah, touching his hand lightly, hitting his leg with my knee at the same time, making his eyes slowly open.

He sat up quickly once he noticed Luke.

"He needs to look at the lump" I mumbled, making Noah nod silently, rubbing his eyes quickly.

"Let's do it" he spoke tiredly, moving to stand.

I laid on top of my sheets, sighing lightly before grabbing Noah's hand as Luke carefully lifted my shirt.

"Can I touch it?" He asked me, looking me straight into my eyes, which made me instantly squeeze Noah's hand tighter.

"Light touches" I spoke quietly.

"Only light touches" he agreed, carefully bringing his hand to run over the lump.

He felt around it a few times, never hurting me- but making me nervous for sure.

"Okay" he exhaled, pulling my shirt down for me, looking between Noah and I.

"It doesn't feel too large, which is good- the chemo will keep it from getting larger, which will be easier to remove during surgery" he spoke quietly.

"When is your job interview?" Luke asked him, making me look to him too, I wasn't mad- I couldn't be mad, because half of the bills he had were my medical bills, but I wanted him to stay with me.

"Wednesday" Noah spoke swiftly.

Two days.

Two fucking days.

"Okay, we can schedule her chemo for before or after your interview so that you can be here with her for that." He spoke, making Noah nod.

"So tomorrow will be your first round of chemo." Luke spoke, looking to me, pulling a chair beside my bed, making Noah sit beside me in the bed.

"Since we were on a short notice, and we needed to start as soon as possible, we had to schedule for six in the morning" he spoke, making me refrain from rolling my eyes

I fucking hate waking up early.

"You may fall asleep during the chemo, that's usually what we hope for, but if you don't, I want to go ahead and warn you of some of the side effects." He spoke, making me nod slowly.

"You may have some nausea, you'll have some dizziness, you'll be very fatigued, very moody and emotional" he spoke slowly, making me more and more disappointed.

"You'll have an overall drugged feeling, but we'll be forcing you to drink and eat, because appetite flies out the window as soon as you start chemo and it's very easy to become dehydrated with it" he spoke slowly.

"What's your thoughts?" He spoke quietly.

"I don't want to throw up" I spoke swiftly.

"I can promise you, throughout your stay with us, you'll throw up once or twice" he mumbled, making me wrinkle my nose to him slightly.

"Is that all?" I asked.

"For now, yes, more will come later down the road, but we'll talk about that once we get there" he spoke, making me nod.

"Okay, well- get some sleep, I'll come get you in the morning, okay?" He spoke quietly.

"Okay"