twenty seven

Luke.

after I got her blood and had it sent to the lab for testing, I then brought her back to her room where she was given a granola bar and some juice.

"Feel okay? Not light headed or anything?" I asked her, seeing her shake her head towards me.

Ashton soon walked in, gleaming with happiness,

"Get ready, there's already a line for the MRI and Cat scan" he spoke happily.

This is the type of day we were doing to have.

The wait for the MRI was much longer than expected.

The three of us had currently been standing here for over twenty minutes.

At the thirty minute mark, Montana sat on the ground, entertaining herself by playing on her phone.

"Doctor Hemmings, you're up" a nurse finally spoke.

"Come on Tan" I spoke, extending my hands, which she grabbed so I could help her up.

We went into the room with the machine, the nurses guiding her to put her hair up, getting her gown ready.

"Turn around" montana spoke quickly, making ashton and I both laugh before turning around when it came to her changing into the gown.

"And she's ready" the nurse spoke to us, making us guide Montana on how to lay down before covering her appropriately.

"Where are you guys going during this?" She asked me.

"Right behind that window, but we will be able to talk to you along with hear everything you say, so just tell us if you need anything." I answered her swiftly, watching her nod slowly.

"Just stay as still as possible, okay my girl?" Ashton spoke calmly making her nod as she laid flat, the nurse starting the machine making us all leave the room.

We updated her every two minutes in the scan.

"It's not worse than when she came in, thank God" ashton spoke making me nod in agreement as we looked to what we could see from this scan.

"Five more minutes, Tana" I spoke into the mic, hearing her respond with the smallest "okay."

After the scan was completely we immediately got her out, keeping her in the gown for the next scan, but letting her put her leggings back on for comfort.

We were luckily able to get right into the CAT scan, where a nurse had the dye ready.

"Do you want me to inject it, Doctor Hemmings?" She asked me as I had my back turned to Montana for her to take her leggings off.

"Sure" I spoke, knowing I'd hold her hand for it.
It was no worse than drawing her blood this morning, but I still wanted to hold her hand through it,

Ashton set up the scans as I made her lay down, covering her up and taking her hand.

"So what's the shot for, again?" She asked slowly as the nurse wiped her skin for it.

"It's going to light up the cancerous cells so that it's easier for us to see." I told her calmly, seeing her nod as she continuously stared to me.

Suddenly I felt her grip dramatically tighten and I heard her say a firm "ouch", which made me look to the nurse because Montana rarely reacted to shots other than a little whine.

I could immediately tell that she had blown the vein, but was continuously digging for it.

"Stop." I spoke quickly, moving to our gloves on.

"Sorry Doctor Hemmings, her vein fell as soon as I-" "you flick the veins before inserting, always." I told her as I took her needle out, wiping her hand, knowing the crook of her arm would now be bruised to hell and back.

"Look to Ashton through the window" I gave Montana an objective to look to since she was staring to us, which she immediately did

I didnt even know if Ashton was still behind the window.

I immediately got the vein in her hand, injecting the dye slowly.

"Sorry about that." The nurse spoke to the room, Montana responding with the smallest smile.

Once I had the appropriate amount of dye in, I positioned her hands and reminded her that we could hear everything and she could talk to us before telling her to stay as still as possible and joining Ashton.

she was pretty quiet through the scan, answering everything we said with pretty short responses.

"Hey Montana, it smells like up dog in here" Ashton said into my mic, making me immediately roll my eyes at the corny joke he was about to make

"What's up dog?" She spoke immediately and directly after I heard her genuine laugh, which made us both smile.

"You shouldn't have laughed at that Tana, you just made it to where we have to listen to Ashton's dad jokes for the rest of the afternoon."

About thirty minutes later we were able to get her out and it was more than noticeable that it had made her sleepy.

"Two more things and you are good to sleep, Tana" I told her calmly.

"And it's the worst two things yet"