six

I woke up to the sound of a lamp turning on.

I was a light ass sleeper when it came to hospitals.

I opened my eyes, seeing Luke and another doctor, both looking down to an IPad.

I shifted lightly, making Luke look to me.

"Morning sunshine" he spoke quietly.

"Morning" I barely mumbled back, moving my hands to rub my eyes.

I watched as they stayed zoned into their IPads, I assume looking up information on me.

Without saying anything, I soon left them and their IPads, going into the bathroom and quickly brushing my teeth and brushing my natural curly hair out, making it almost beach waves.

I grabbed clothes, changing into leggings and an oversized t-shirt, finishing the rest of my morning activities before putting moisturizer on my face.

As I rubbed the moisturizer in, Luke appeared in the doorway, a light smile on his face.

"Any questions for today?" He asked me slowly.

"Will it hurt?" I asked quietly, closing my moisturizer bottle, finally able to completely turn to him, looking to him.

"The needle is a little big, so that part won't be great, but the chemo acts as a sedative so it won't be physically painful as it goes into you" he spoke quietly.

"And of course you'll just have that sick and tired feeling once you're done, you may be a little sore" he spoke truthfully, which I appreciated. 

I nodded slowly, looking to my feet.

"I need you to trust me" he almost whispered.

That made me look to him

"That's not easy-" "I know, I know that it was hard for you to go through what happened and I know that it most likely eliminated any trust that you had for doctors, but I swear on my life- on my families life that I will never hurt you, never." He spoke firmly, almost making tears come to my eyes as I sat there silently.

"For us to be successful as a patient and doctor team, you have to trust me, Montana" he spoke quickly.

I hesitated before speaking

"It won't be an immediate thing" I spoke, catching just full attention.

"But you get one chance." I spoke firmly.

"I don't let people have my trust often, please don't make me regret this"

I thought he was going to hug me at first- but instead he lightly bounced, a smile coming onto his face, "thank you. I won't break that trust, I promise"

We ended up waking Noah up, giving him about ten minutes to get ready as I put on socks and tried not to go back to sleep.

"Okay, Montana, this is Doctor Irwin, he will be assisting me with your case, because he is gynecology" Luke told me, making me slowly nod.

"Call me Ashton" the man smiled, extending his hand to me, which I shook.

Soon the four of us walking in unison down a few halls

It was actually a surprisingly long walk.

I grabbed Noah's arm as we entered a room with multiple chairs- the chairs you would normally see at a blood drive.

"Yours is right there" Ashton pointed one specific one out, making me slowly walk to it, sitting in it.

Luke pulled one directly beside me, Noah doing the same on my opposite side and Ashton pulled one by my knees.

I watched as Luke set up multiple things, and I soon saw the thick ass needle that I dreaded.

That made me look to Noah, who was already looking to me.
He grabbed my hand, intertwining it with his own, kissing my knuckle softly.

"Okay Montana" luke spoke, carefully pulling my arm closer to him.

"I'm just cleaning for now, but I want you to talk to Ashton about your symptoms, what made you know you were sick." He spoke as I felt the cold wipe touch my arm.

I looked to Ashton, seeing his dimples as he smiled to me

"It all started during soccer"