I should've stayed in bed.

~~~*~~~

To do the right thing, but without recompense

And then you do something wrong, and say it was great

And now you don't know how you could ever complain

~~~*~~~

I woke up with Lloyd's diary still in my arms. I sat up and returned it to its rightful spot on the shelf. I wiped my eyes, crying myself to sleep always made them crustier than usual in the morning.

The sun was now streaming in through the window, I checked the time on my phone; 9:36 am.

I got out of Lloyd's bed and went to see if anyone else was awake. Of course they were, they're Ninja for god's sake.

"Hey [Y/n], I washed your clothes for you. They're in the laundry room." Zane stated, briefly looking up from training.

"Thanks." I headed over to where I vaguely remembered the laundry room being, from Lloyd's quick tour. The thought of Lloyd hurt my heart, it was only two days ago that he gave me that tour. Neither of us had known that we were in danger.

When I stepped in, I saw that my clothes were neatly folded on top of the dryer but Lloyd's hoodie was hanging, unwashed, from a hook on the wall. Stuck to it was a note: I didn't let Zane wash this. -Nya.

I smiled sadly, I was glad for her. If he had washed it, I wouldn't have anything to remind me of Lloyd.

Holding all my clothes in my arms, I headed back into Lloyd's room to get dressed. After pulling my t-shirt over my head I noticed something on the wall. Now that light was filling the room, I was able to see the drawings on the walls. My eyes scanned them, starting from the wall closest to his bed until I had done a complete 360.

At first, the drawings weren't perfect, as is common when a 10-year-old scribbles on the wall for a bit of fun, but he obviously continued with age and they became actual drawings. I walked over to one that caught my eye in the first place, a large drawing of his elemental dragon on the wall next to the window. I could tell he had done it with a crayon just by the texture of it. I couldn't help but smile, properly this time.

I broke my gaze on the drawing and stared out of the window for a while. We were still above the clouds. I could see a distant mountain peak, poking through the soft, white landscape.

My attention was stolen by something else, just behind the mountains. Something green.

"Shit!"

I ran out of the room and to the others who were still obliviously training on the deck. Getting used to fighting without powers must've been strange for them.

My expression of panic must've been visible because Cole dropped what he was doing and stared at me.

"What is it?"

"I think Morro is flying straight for us."

Everyone's training equipment clattered to the floor as they rushed to the side. Sure enough, Morro was there. He had hijacked Lloyd's elemental dragon. How rude of him, first he steals Lloyd's body and then his dragon?

[Y/n] this is not the time to say stupid things in your head.

I was told to follow Misako into a small cellar room so we could stay safe, with her she was carrying a large piece of parchment paper. It had three different symbols on it, one of them I recognised from when the staff had rolled into the dust.