T is for Trauma

~~~*~~~
And if you have five seconds to spare
Let me tell you the story of my life
16, clumsy and shy
~~~*~~~

Their week of exams crawled along to an end, and it was the weekend again. Crime-wise, Ninjago had been quiet- the services of the Ninja unnecessary. Though no one would utter the word "quiet" for fear of jinxing themselves, they needed the break.

Lloyd's birthday was just a day away, and the Ninja sprung into action- following [Y/n] pleading with them to help.

She distracted Lloyd, taking him to random places in the city, and asking him to show her places. While she did this, the Ninja and Misako decorated the Monastery for Sunday. After some debate, they decided that this would be Lloyd's 16th birthday, jokingly calling it his sweet sixteen.

Lloyd and [Y/n] drove around the city, stopping off at random locations and sightseeing in their home city.

"Lloyd! Pull over!"

He let out a scream, "Why? Oh my god, did I run over a squirrel?"

"No? Look, a Lego store! I wanna go in!"

"You gave me a heart attack because you saw a Lego store?"

"Yeah! I want to make myself. You can make three little guys for like a fiver. I can make you, me and Olly!"

"Yeah... That is a good reason to give me a heart attack." Lloyd parked on the side of the road and they went in, Lloyd's hood pulled up to avoid glares from the people inside.

[Y/n] stood amongst a crowd of young children, taking her time to make the best Lego people in the world. Lloyd was surprisingly easy to make, it was almost as if he was already a Lego character.

Lloyd watched over her, smiling to himself. [Y/n] was taking a while so he started wandering around the shop, his eyes analysing the Ninja-themed Legos. His small smile was replaced with a large smirk as he picked up a new set, the advertisement underneath read: Build and play with the latest addition to our beloved saviours of Ninjago! The Purple Ninja working beside the Green Ninja to keep our city safe!

Lloyd quickly bought the small set, hiding it in his pocket. [Y/n] showed her creations with pride, before paying for them practically buzzing with joy.

They returned to Lloyd's car, their next destination already in [Y/n]'s head. Nya had messaged her during her Lego-creating process, telling her that they were ready at the monastery.

"Hey Lloyd, let's go to your uncles monastery." [Y/n] said as she buckled her seatbelt.

"Which one?" He asked, the engine rumbling to life as he turned the key.

"The desert one, I need to get my steps in."

Lloyd chuckled, "Okay, the jungle is closer though."

"I want to drive through the desert and pretend I'm in an indie movie."

"You've convinced me," He reached into his pocket and pulled out the Lego set he bought, "Look at what I got."

"Oh my god! It's us!" [Y/n] stared at the box in awe, "That is so cool!"

They drove out of the city, the tarmac roads replaced with sand-covered dirt. Skyscrapers and tall apartment complexes grew small on the horizon, the sun shimmering on the thousands of windows.

The heavy, bustling traffic of the city faded into open roads and cacti waving from the distance. Their windows were rolled down, the warm breeze filling the car.

"Do we even have enough fuel to get there?" [Y/n] asked, her hands working busily to assemble the Lego set that Lloyd bought.

"We should, I filled the tank before I picked you up." Lloyd answered, taking his eyes off the quiet road to admire [Y/n]'s handiwork.