I am running on spite and fury

The tunnel was lined with specks of bioluminescent lichen, dimly lighting our way through the cave. We came through to a circular room. The walls were filled with 16 different doors, each sporting a different symbol. The door we came through shut behind us ominously, leaving us in yet another unfamiliar place.

"This could be the first test." Cole stated, looking back at the door we came in through.

"Why did it have to be tests? Why can't the tomb be guarded by Dragons? We're good with Dragons!" Jay complained.

"Almost like that's the point." Nya voiced, placing a comforting hand on her soulmate's shoulder.

I'll admit, a twinge of jealousy caused me to turn away from them. My gaze shifted to the symbols instead, like the strange knowledge of magical teas I had recently discovered I had, they felt familiar to me. Like I had seen them before.

"I think we're supposed to pick a door, but which one?" Kai asked aloud.

"Um, what was it Misako said?" Jay questioned.

"A Spinjitzu Master can, a Spinjitzu Master cannot. To move forward, don't look ahead, to find his final resting spot." Zane quoted.

"A Spinjitzu Master can... Can what?" Kai inquired aloud once more.

"Am I considered one of those?" I asked quietly to myself, Nya overheard and nodded at me with a smile.

"Sixteen doors, for Sixteen Realms?" Jay answered his own question, looking at the rest of us, unsure.

"Well, could be. But let me guess, pick the wrong door and we'll be in a realm of hurt." Cole replied.

I stared at each symbol, hoping that an idea would come to mind. Jay began theorising what each of the symbols meant.

"Ah! Everyone shuddup! That door, the symbol! It means cursed in old Ninjgoan. Cursed, Cursed Realm? I say we pick that door and kick Morro's ass from the inside!" I exclaimed excitedly, jumping up and down. I was happy to contribute something useful for once.

"How did you know that? It takes me a while to decipher ancient languages, and I'm a nindroid." Zane asked me, confusion behind his icy, robotic eyes.

"I dunno. I just do. Like how I randomly know about magical teas. Trust me, don't ask."

The Ninja looked at me in bewilderment, but each nodded slowly in understanding.

Zane cleared his throat, "Anyway, the pictures above the doors. They're a zoetrope." A few of them turned to me expectantly, wondering if my freaky knowledge extended to whatever the hell Zane was about to explain.

I shrugged, letting Zane continue.

"The engravings in rapid succession creates a moving image." He finished.

Kai had a little euruka moment, "A Spinjitzu Master can, do Spinjitzu!"

"Exactly." Zane agreed, and we stood back as he began Spinjitzu-ing in the centre of the room, "It's creating some sort of shape." He stopped suddenly, something I myself hadn't quite gotten the gist of, pointing at one of the doors. "That one. That's the door out."

"I don't know Zane. Isn't that the same door we came in? Are you sure?" Cole voiced, a little unsure.

"Are you sure you want to doubt a Nindroid?" Zane returned.

The room we entered was not the one we came through just minutes before. It was a large room within the cave, a staff sat atop a stone pedestal on the other side of the room. Cole expressed his confusion at the magically appearing room, to which Kai responded with, "Well, welcome to the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master."