One minor inconvenience away from a nervous breakdown.

~~~*~~~

Let me steal this moment from you now
Oh, come on, angel
Come on, come on, darlin'

~~~*~~~

I scrambled up the closest tree, ignoring the stinging from the numerous scratches I was gathering on my skin. I had proven to be an impulsive person in the past, but this was far different. Even before the strange feeling washed over me like that, where did I get the idea to climb a tree from? It was a complete alien thought.

Branches became thinner and smaller, I had reached the top of this pine tree. It swayed and bent slightly with my weight, as most thin trees do. I could hear shouts somewhere up the mountain, I just hoped they were shouts of joy from completing their mission with no problems. Even though I knew that couldn't be the case, that ghost. It wasn't Morro, which meant two things.
1- Lloyd was still possessed.
2- Morro actually had friends, weird, but more importantly they were obviously also on the mountain.

Had Morro gotten to the cloud kingdom before them?

I couldn't think of all the variables now, shapes had appeared near the top of the mountain. They were descending quickly, that couldn't be a good sign. Before they had left, they were warned to be cautious during their climb and eventual downward climb. While I knew the ninja to be excitable people and that them ignoring this warning wouldn't be too odd, but something else worried me.

I could see blurs of green, Lloyd's possessed body. Morro was there, and by the looks of it... he had the sword. Stood on a small boat, sliding it's way through the snow and ice.

The sword of sanctuary had been explained in more detail to me, the holder could look into the reflection on the sword and see briefly into the future- able to foresee their opponents attacks, giving Morro, at this moment, the advantage.

The ninja were no longer in the large mechanical suits that they had left in, instead they were sledding after Morro on broken planks and bark.

I watched as Wu traveled down the anchor as I had, he was surprisingly nimble. He hadn't seemed to have noticed me, perched up a tall pine, his focus was entirely on his students. I wonder if Wu felt like a father figure to them all...

The ninja joined Wu on the anchor, accepting their defeat, when two things happened; Nya spotted me up in the tree, making eye contact with me with a confused expression. Kai ignored Jay's outstretched hand and continued after Morro.

"Kai!" Someone shouted in annoyance.

"Why is [Y/n] in a tree?!" Nya screamed in pure disbelief.

All eyes were on me, a mixture of concern and anger. Oh well, they'll forgive me eventually for what I'm about to do. Is it stupid? Totally. Will it look badass? Hell yeah.

I jumped out of the tree, using one of the longer branches to secure my perfectly timed landing behind Morro.
At the same time, Kai landed in front of him.

Deciding to take advantage of the surprise that filled both of the boys, I kicked the back of Morro's knees, the only fighting technique I could think of in my blind panic. He buckled slightly before turning to me, angrily raising the sword.

"Aha, why don't we have a nice conversation instead?" A nervous giggle exited my mouth.

Due to his extreme dislike of me, Morro had completely let his guard down to an assault from behind. Similarly to the last time me and Kai fought against Morro, he jumped onto his back wrangling the sword from his hands.