Maybe we're not so normal, but this is as close as it's getting.

~~~*~~~
I've been sleeping with the light on
I tend to freak myself out
Will you come a little closer now
~~~*~~~

After we emerged from the tomb the adults greeted us with smothering hugs. We were triumphant, despite losing the Crystal to Morro, because we had Lloyd. He and his dad shared a very tearful embrace, to which we left them alone. During a well-deserved meal, Wu informed us of a literal water fight they'd had with Morro's buddies and how those ghouls did not play fair.

The bounty had again suffered minor damage to one of the thrusters, due to those pesky ghosts, and we were sailing back to Ninjago. The autopilot feature also worked as an 'autosailor' feature, so all of us could get well-needed sleep during the night.

Lloyd and I shared a bed once again, clinging to each other, the actual danger had passed, sure, but the fear and the terror were still fresh in our minds.

"Lloyd?" I whispered into the dark, "Are you still awake?"

"Yeah... Can't sleep."

I shifted on the bed, turning around to face him. His red eyes looked into my [E/C] ones.

"Nether can I..." I sighed, brushing a hand through his hair.

"I saw you do Spinjitzu to get past Morro the other day," Lloyd smiled, "Not too shabby."

"Thanks," I laughed.

"No, really, I'm surprised you learnt it so quickly. Took me half a year to figure it out, even then I wasn't the best at it." Lloyd chuckled, his hand resting on my hip.

"I'm sorry Lloyd," I muttered, cupping his cheek in my hand, "I'm so, so sorry."

"[Y/n]," He sighed, "This wasn't your fault, you said you'd stop when I told you-"

"Not for this, I mean, I still am, but... For being mad at you for not responding all those years ago," I waved my arm around, gesturing to the darkened room, "You know, you were busy. And Wu told you it was dangerous, I just feel so selfish."

A puzzled look spread across Lloyd's face as I spoke, before his lips turned up into a mischievous, knowing, grin. "I never told you that. I told you that I was scared of you finding out who my dad was... How do you," He looked behind me, at the shelf which held his old diary, "Did you- You did, didn't you?"

I felt a betraying blush sweep over my cheeks, my guilt glowing red on my face. "I thought it was some sort of old ninja-ing book..." I admitted sheepishly, trying to hide my face in his chest.
Lloyd wrapped his arms around me, "I would've told you all that anyway, don't worry about it."

I lifted my head, meeting his gaze again, "Was Mr Cuddles valiantly avenged?" I asked.

Lloyd snorted, "Oh yeah, why'd you think I tied Gene to a chair?"

I giggled, getting up from the bed and pulling Lloyd with me.

"What-" He started.

"Adventure, the Sea, it calls to me." I declared dramatically.

"Is the kitchen also calling?"

"Har, Har, very funny... but yeah, I want snack."

Lloyd walked over to his wardrobe, sifting through it before launching a hoodie at my head.

"Wah- Oh- Don't be so aggressive young man."

"It's cold out, and that was far from aggressive." Lloyd said with his hands on his hips.

"And what about you Mr Green Ninja, do you not get cold?" I pulled the extra hoodie over my head.

In the brief moment that fabric covered my eyes, Lloyd had managed to pull two hoodies over his torso.
"Come on, I know where Zane hides the good stuff." Lloyd pulled me out into the hall, motioning at me to be quiet until we got to the kitchen.