Ghosty powers.

~~~*~~~
Oh, I cannot explain what's going on
I can see you standin' next to me
In and out somewhere else right now
You sigh, look away
I can see it clear as day
~~~*~~~

Going the hospital was sad, as it should be, as it always is. I feel guilty when I see him laying there, tubes, Iv's and ventilators galore. I gave Olly the fire ninja plush and by that I mean I placed it on his bed. I changed the flowers. I sat with my dad and gave him a hug. My mum and Dad hadn't noticed my soulmate string was gone. I didn't mind though, they have better things to worry about. After an hour or so, my mum told me that we had to leave. I stood over Olly and gave him a kiss on the forehead.
"I'm sorry." I whispered. A single tear glistened down my cheek. I stroked his hand, willing for him to move, twitch, anything. Anything other than his heart monitor to tell me he was still there. To tell me he was still alive.

Nothing.

"Come on [y/n], I want to avoid the rush hour traffic." My mum mumbled, visiting always made her distant. It's like as soon as she steps foot in the hospital she detaches herself from reality.

"Okay..." My heart sank as I stepped away from him. I sometimes wanted to use my powers to make his hand move. Just to give my parents hope, but the hope would be built on lies. False hope isn't a good thing to give people. My powers are the reason Olly's in hospital. He shouldn't have been there. I was supposed to protect him, not hurt him.

Why didn't I protect him?

***

I woke up the next morning with bags under my eyes. I hadn't slept properly. I kept seeing Olly getting hurt every time I closed my eyes. I silently cried myself to sleep, I didn't want my mum to worry. She already has so much on her mind.

I walked over to my mirror. No bruises where visible, if I was to wear long sleeves that is. I went to the bathroom and had a shower. I didn't really do anything. I just stood there and let the water cover me. Let it wash away my problems.

After my shower I put simple makeup on to cover the dark circles that surrounded my eyes.

I didn't really bother with looking nice today. I threw on a simple grey t-shirt, ripped jeans and a black hoodie.

'Add some eyeliner and you'll look how you feel. ' The ghost joked.

"I'm really not in the mood to deal with you today." I muttered. I forgot that a ghost was in my head, they had been quiet ever since I asked for their name. Their voice sounded masculine, but I'm not one to assume genders.

'I'm a man, but thank you for not jumping to conclusions. I appreciate it.'

Funny his voice gave me pre-adolescent vibes, yet he used the word man.

'Seeing as you can hear my thoughts, I won't bother to speak out loud. Why'd you stop talking to me yesterday?' I asked the mysterious ghost in my head.

'Your life looks hard enough without me bothering you. Anyway, not much to talk about when I'm plotting my way to possess my target.' He replied.

'Did you accidentally possess me instead of your target? If so that means I know your target, but I can't think of anyone of importance that a master evil villain would need to possess.' I taunted him. I wanted to see if he would cause me any harm. I had a feeling I was important to him, and that he couldn't afford to harm me.
I continued to ready myself for school as I waited for the ghosts reply.

'You are right to think you are important to my mission, but you are wrong to think I made a mistake. I never make mistakes, destiny however... One too many mistakes...'