How many times are we going to get tricked by an emo ghost?

***~***
"Poor little Liddy, she wishes it was dark,
But it's never really dark in LA,
The light from the billboard always shines,
But it's changed twelve times since you went away."
***~***

"Jay, Shut up. What do you mean someone's hacked the bounty?" Cole asked Nya.

"I mean exactly what I said. Come on!" The ninja took off running, headed to the bounty to make sure it wasn't Morro or any other menace.

I sighed and followed after them, I thought about voicing a pathetic "Wait up!", or "Guys, wait for me!", like I was some comic relief character, but decided against it on the grounds that I didn't want to waste any more of my precious breath. The adults shared my silent, not as fast, dash to the bounty, trailing behind the highly trained and eager group.

I had a slight fear eating away at me, maybe it was a bit more than slight. What if all these setbacks, completely ruined our chances of saving Lloyd? What if he didn't remember us? What if we never saw him again?

Once we'd caught up with the Ninja, they were waiting for us in the bridge. (Surprisingly patiently)

"It appears as though we're getting a transmission from a protected sender." Zane filled us in, "Not even I can decipher where it's coming from."

"Who is it then?"

I got many looks sent my way, "I meant like, answer it so we know."

Nya shook her head at me, a small smile on her face, "Okay [Y/n]."

A hologram of Ronin flickered into view, he spoke softly, almost guiltily. I didn't buy it. I hate that guy.

"I can't talk loud, but I wanted to let you know, Nya, you were right. Morro didn't hold up his end of the bargain. And Misako was right too. The scroll and sword did reveal the tomb. I know where it's located. I know you don't have the sword, but I know you can beat them to the tomb." The hologram whipped his head around, "They're coming..."

"Where is it? Where's the tomb?" Jay shouted.

"The Caves of Despair! The tomb is in the Caves of Despair!" Ronin glitched and the transmission ended, leaving us all in a momentary shock.

The others began discussing the logistics and whatever. Something felt off to me. The hologram had a slight blue tinge to it, sure, but... Ronin didn't look right. He looked... possessed. I had seen possession up close, hell, I'd been possessed myself... sorta.

"How do we know we can trust him? He stole the sword and gave it to Morro!" Nya opposed.

"Yeah, also, how do we know that was Ronin?" I chimed in.

Everyone turned to me, so I continued. "There was something off with all of that, but most importantly- his eyes were off somehow. I can't explain it, but..."

"I agree with you [Y/n], but this is all we have. We're just going to have to." Cole's sympathetic voice came from my side.

"Yeah... I guess..."

***

3rd Person POV

"Pretty good impersonation, but they'll never buy it." Ronin writhed on the floor, getting possessed was a pretty gnarly experience.

"We shall see." Morro responded condescendingly. He had tricked Ronin into giving up the sword, but he could only wish he had the chance to see the look on [Y/n]'s face. He tricked Ronin with his own regrets, but he'd tricked [Y/n] with kindness. A long ploy just to get what he wanted. It was that little bit more evil.