This is why I don't socialise.

~~~*~~~
'Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
~~~*~~~

Lloyd's POV

Uncle Wu had dropped me off at my mum's apartment after my training last night. He had also apparently slept in our living room as he left the same time I did for school, his many scrolls in tow.

I'm just glad he didn't wait with me at the bus stop this time.

As always, people weren't pleased by my presence. At least I got a whole side of the bus to myself... I wish I had someone to talk to though. It gets lonely sometimes. Not to mention I can hear what they're all saying about me from the other side of the bus. For them, it's hushed whispers, but for me they might as well been saying it directly into my ear... at full volume.

I pressed my face against the cool glass, closing my eyes and trying to ignore the insults aimed my way.

"Why is he even allowed in school, it's not safe for us."

"Mmh hmm, did you hear from Chen that his eyes are actually red?"

"What? No way! Just like his creepy, evil dad."

"He's probably going to school to gather intel for his dad."

"Why haven't the Ninja gotten rid of him yet?"

That one made me crack a smile, if only they knew who I really was.

***

Later in my first class, my attention was interrupted by footsteps in the hall. Their shoes squeaking on the polished linoleum, muttering under their breath about being late. I had never heard this voice before.

I wonder who that is?