What R'you doing in me swamp?

***~***

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?

Where is my mind?

***~***

I woke up to yet another change of scenery. They were landing, the clouds rising above us in our descent. Groggily, I walked over to the window. The green of the jungle canopy filled my vision, as did the sight of the monastery clearing. We were going home.

I paused for a moment, could I call this home? Being Lloyd's soulmate made me family, right?

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts, by scaring the actual holy ghost out of me.

Heh, ghost... he's certainly not holy.

"[Y/n]? Are you awake?" It was Jay.

"Yeah. Just." I responded, rubbing my eyes.

Jay slowly opened the door, "Erm, I was told to tell you that your mum is waiting at the monastery."

"Shi- I forgot to message her..." [M/n] was a stickler for frequent updates from her daughter.

"Oooh... it was nice knowing you."

The ship shook slightly as it reached the ground. It had only been six days since we had left, but those six days had felt like 6 months. A strange feeling of déjà vu washed over me, but I didn't have time to relish in my memories.

"[Y/n] [L/n]! What is the point of me paying your phone bills if you don't use the damn thing?" My mother called from the courtyard, I could see her from the window. She was not happy.

"Nice knowing you too." I muttered to Jay, deciding to jump out of the window to meet mother's wrath quicker. Getting it over and done with.

"And now you're jumping out of windows! Honestly [Y/n]," She stopped mid-sentence as I rushed over into her arms.

"I'm so sorry mum, I didn't mean to worry you." My tearful voice came from my mum's shoulder. It wasn't for sympathy... not entirely anyway.

[M/n] softened, "I'm sorry too baby, I wasn't really mad. Just worried about you... I tried my best to train you, but there's nothing special about me."

3rd person POV

They stood in the courtyard, while the others unloaded the bounty. No one minded the lack of help from the pair, but, if anything the Ninja were slightly jealous. They hadn't lived with their parents for a while, only visiting occasionally when they had time. It was sad, but they had all grown used to it over the years.

"I brought you some things [Y/n]. When I realised you had left your inhaler at home..." [M/n] trailed off, [Y/n] had inherited her morbid imagination from her mother, [Y/n] knew this and didn't question.

"Thanks mum." They broke apart from each other, walking toward the monastery entrance.

"[M/n], long time no see." Garmadon greeted, all four arms outstretched.

[M/n] accepted the hug, "I just wish it wasn't under these circumstances, Garm."

"Yes... [Y/n] is so similar to you, I'm so glad that our children are soulmates." He continued, letting [M/n] out of his arms.

"I haven't had the chance to meet Lloyd properly, but from what [Y/n] tells me he seems to take after you too." [M/n] raised an eyebrow at [Y/n], even at a time like this she could find a way to embarrass her beloved daughter.