Lord and Boy

~~~*~~~
But I'm a creep,
I'm a weirdo
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here
~~~*~~~

During lunch, Nya mentioned that it would take us until tomorrow to arrive at Lord Garmadons base, due to the damage Morro had caused to the ship. I was conflicted by this, which meant it would take longer to save Lloyd but it also delayed my first meeting with Lloyd's father.

What can I say? Meeting your soulmate's dad is kind of awkward under normal circumstances anyway. But meeting him by saying, "Oh hello, Mr soulmate's dad. I accidentally got your son possessed and now we need that scroll you stole- no, not that one, the other one- to save your possessed son."

Okay, so maybe I wouldn't be using those exact words, but it would be just the same if I did.

I was completely out of my comfort zone, and stressed. I was really stressed. After eating I retreated to Lloyd's room once more, everyone probably thought I was some sort of anti-social hermit by this point. I mean... kinda, but no. Baby Lloyd is just a very good author. Very enticing way of writing, which must've evolved into charm as he grew. Or maybe he was still a good author, I'll ask him after he's freed from his possession. It'll be my first question for him, after which I'll follow with, "Are you okay?"

I grabbed the diary from the hiding spot I had hastily shoved it into in my complete panic, reopening the entry I had begun to read.

25th December 2014

It's Christmas!!! I'm so happy. Uncle Wu gave me a present. It was my really cool ninja clothes. He said that I'll have to grow for it to fit but I don't really care. I'm wearing it now. It's not that big on me. My mum sent me comics. I already read them all. I wonder what [Y/n] got for Christmas. I wish I was alowed to ask her.

I smiled as I read, it faltered slightly when he mentioned me. I definitely hadn't been thinking about him on Christmas, I was too upset to think about him. I couldn't look at my hand for 2 months afterwards because I almost always cried if I did.

On the next page, some of the ink was smudged and the page was wrinkled in some areas- a telltale sign of water damage. I wonder what it was.

2nd Febuary 2015

I met my dad today. I never saw him before. I wish it stayed like that forever. I was so excited when Uncle Wu said he was staying for a bit. I even brushed my hair. But when he saw me and I went over to hug him he cried. He said he was sorry. I asked why and he said I looked like a monster and it was all his fault.

Am I a monster?

Oh my god. That's why he got so scared when I saw his red eyes for the first time. I wanted to cry, I did cry once I realised that it was the last time he wrote in the diary. Poor baby.

"You're not a monster, Lloyd..." I whispered, stroking the old, now obviously tear-stained page. How long had he cried over this? How many times had his mind wandered back to the first time he'd met his dad?

I tucked the book back under the pillow and rested my head above it. I didn't mean to fall asleep, crying this much in so little time makes me tired.

***

I was rudely awoken the next morning by a very loud seagull, screaming bloody murder somewhere up on the deck. At first, I grumbled, turned over and tried to go back to sleep. The problem with me, however, is that once I'm awake, I'm awake.