Chapter Fifteen - Port Angeles

Chapter Fifteen – Port Angeles

Bella's POV

None of the Cullen's were at school on Monday, but I'm sure it had something to do with the sun being out. I could sense Edward's presences out in the woods, so I knew vampire's didn't burn to a pile of ashes when sun light touched their skin. Angela pulled me out of my thoughts when she started talking to Jessica about dress shopping in Port Angeles, I needed to get a book about the legend of the cold ones because I wanted to study it in more depth. I asked Angela, "Can I come with you guys?" Angela replied, "Of course, I'll need your advice." Then I asked her, "When are we going to Port Angeles then?" She replied, "Tomorrow, I have things I need to take care of after school." I nodded my head in understanding and went back to focusing on Edward's mind, I could tell he would be keeping tabs on people's minds to make sure I'm safe.

When the bell rang I headed straight to first hour, I knew Emmett and Rosalie wouldn't be in English. I read in the student's minds that Carlisle pulled them out to go hiking, but I knew that wasn't the reason at all. I couldn't get myself to focus at all, I wanted to know why the Cullen's couldn't go out in the sunlight around humans. I began to wonder if they sparkled in the sunlight or something like that, it was just something I would find out someday soon....

I asked Charlie right after I finished making supper and seated myself at the table, "Is it okay if I go to Port Angeles with Jessica and Angela?" Charlie replied with a smile, "Sure Bells. What are you girls going to do there?" I told him, "Well, they want to go look at dresses for the prom." Then Charlie asked, "Are you going to the prom?" I informed him, "Only if Edward asks me." He asked after that, "Are you going to look at dresses?" Before I could answer him my phone received a text saying, 'I'll already picked one out for you, Bella.' I informed Charlie, "It seems like Alice has already picked mine out for me."

I suddenly looked behind Charlie and spotted a vampire with short blond hair and red eyes near the living room, Charlie looked behind him and spotted it as well. Charlie yelled at the vampire, "What the hell are you doing in my house?!" The vampire looked at Charlie with a grin and said, "You look mighty tasty, I'll end you first." I abruptly stepped in front of Charlie and said, "I don't think so you leech, you better get out of here right now or I'll kill you." The male vampire stated, "Mighty big words coming from a weak human." I replied, "I'm stronger than you think, I could easily rip you to pieces." The vampire laughed saying, "Threatening my kind human, are you that stupid." I retorted, "Just try me leech, you'll learn soon that you're dying tonight."

The vampire launched itself at me without a single warning, I sent him flying backwards and right into the coffee table. The vampire growled, "You stupid human, you're going to pay for that." I said mockingly, Ooooh, I'm so scared." Before the vampire could get near me Edward tackled him to ground and growled out, "Leave my mate alone." I knelt by Edward's side and grasped the vampire's right arm, before I dug my teeth into it's arm and began drinking his venom. The vampire began screaming as his life came to an end, his body went limp after all his venom was gone. I whispered without looking at Edward, "Now you know how deadly I am, but I promise to never hurt you like this." Edward made me look at him as he said, "I know you won't hurt me Bella, I trust you as much as you trust me." Edward threw the vampire onto his shoulder and carried it outside, he was going to set it on fire and watch it burn.

Suddenly Charlie asked, "What the hell was that, Bells?" I replied, "It's better if you don't know, you'll be safer that way." Charlie just looked at me suspiciously before heading into the kitchen to finish his supper, I did the same because I didn't get a chance to even take a bite of my food. I smiled up at Edward as he sat down next me at the table, Charlie looked up at Edward and asked, "Do you know what that thing was?" Edward replied, "Yes." Charlie asked, "Well, what was it?" Edward told him, "A vampire just like me."...