Chapter fourteen - La Push

Chapter Fourteen – La Push

Bella's POV

Almost two weeks passed by without anything interesting happening, but I knew that would come to an end soon. Edward had been distancing himself from because he was afraid I would want nothing to do with him once I figured out what he is, but he didn't know I already knew he was a vampire. I let Edward be because I would eventually tell him, then he would find out I still loved him. I still sat with the Cullen's during lunch, I didn't want to hang around Jessica because I knew she would just pester me with her stupid questions. She was the only student I tried to avoid at all costs, she just liked to get gossip on people and spread it around.

Suddenly Eric said, “La Push, baby.” I asked, “What?,” I was beyond confused. Mike said, “A group of us are going to La Push on Saturday. Would you like to join us?” I thought to myself, 'I bet this is where I was suppose to hear the story, I guess I still can go and get to hear the story from a different point of view.' I smiled at Mike and said, “Okay, your on. I'll meet you guys there.” Then Mike told me, “We'll be at First Beach.” I nodded my head and said, “Okay, I know where that's at.” I walked away and headed over to the Cullen's table and sat down, I tried to avoid their stares as best as I could.

Edward quickly whispered in my ear, “You shouldn't go to La Push, Bella.” I challenged him by asking, “Why not?” He replied, “I think it would safer for you if you stayed away from there.” I told him, “You know I'm not going listen, I will do what pleases me. I don't take orders from anyone.” He sighed and said, “Why do you have to be so difficult?” His siblings smirk at him when I said, “Because it's in my nature.” He groaned in irritation and didn't say another word to me, he looked away and picked at his food. He thought, 'I don't know why I put up with you.' I acted like I didn't hear him, but I felt furious down deep inside of me. I thought towards him, 'You're no walk in the park either.'

When the bell rang I gathered my thing and headed for Biology, I walked ahead of Edward because once inside I planned on pulling him aside and have a little chat with him. Once I was inside the building I waited for Edward, I pulled him to the side and said, “We need to talk.” He told me, “We have nothing to talk about.” I sighed and asked, “Will you just please listen to me?” He took an unneeded breath and said, “Fine.” I told him, “You know you don't have to worry about me going to La Push, I can take care of myself. Did you forget I had a shield?” He replied, “No, how could I forget about that.” He pulled me closer to him and said, “I just worry about you, I love you so much.” I smiled up at him and said, “I love you too.” He growled, “You'll stop loving me soon, once you figure out I'm a monster.”

Anger overwhelmed and I pulled away from him, I yelled, “Why do you keep belittling yourself like that?! You know you make me so mad I want to slap you!” I quickly walked away from him without saying another, I didn't thinkI would be able to keep calm if I stayed near him. Upon entering the classroom I took my seat without looking at Alice or Jasper, I put a mental shield around myself to keep Jasper from messing with my emotions. I ignored Edward when he entered the classroom, I would be mad at him for awhile. Edward should know I would never see him as a monster, even if he hunted humans for their blood I still wouldn't consider him one....

Charlie asked, “What are your plans for this weekend, Bells?” I looked up at him and said, “Well, I was invite by a group of friends to go to First Beach tomorrow.” Charlie replied, “Oh okay, I hope you have fun.” I just smiled and didn't say a word, after a while I excused myself to go upstairs and work on some homework. When I finished my homework I logged onto my computer, I check my email and saw my mother had sent quite a few e-mails. After reading the messages I wrote back to her: