Chapter Sixteen - Something's Wrong

Chapter Sixteen – Something's Wrong

Edward's POV

My beautiful Bella laid sleeping in my arms, I couldn't keep myself from watching her as she slept. She looked so peaceful and it made me calm, I just loved watching her sleep the way she does. I wanted to hold her forever and never let her go, I wanted her to remain by my side forever and I felt guilty because of it. I don't want her to become a monster like me, a soulless monster that needs to feed on blood to stay strong. Bella had turned my life around for the better the day I met her, I was on the verge of going to the Volturi to have them end me. If I ever lost Bella because she died I would go to the Volturi and have them kill me, life wouldn't be worth living if Bella didn't exist anymore.

Suddenly Bella mumbled my name in her sleep and I couldn't help but smile, hearing her say my name subconsciously made me love her even more. The sound of her sweet voice was like a melody to me, I just loved the soft tone of her voice. Bella was the only thing keeping me alive, if I ever lost her my life would have no meaning anymore. My mate meant everything to me, if I lost her I couldn't bare to exist in a universe that didn't have her in it. I wanted her in more ways then one, she already had captured my heart if I even had one to begin with. She would probably argue with me that I possessed both a heart and a soul, but I felt I didn't have either because I'm a demon that drinks blood.

After a couple hours of torturing myself with my own thoughts Bella woke up, I glanced at the clock and realized I needed to go home to get ready for school. I told her, "I need to go home to get ready for school, I'll be by to pick you up and it'll be just the two of us." She told me, "I like the sound of that." I replied with a smirk, "Of course you do." She rolled her eyes at me as I started to put my clothes on, I just love to tease her every-time she said it. Then I made my way towards her window and got onto her balcony, before I jumped off and began running home.

When I entered the house I shouted, "Everyone has to ride in a different car to school for the rest of the year, I want to be alone with Bella from now on." Emmett said loudly, "Alright, we can take Rosalie's red convertible." Rosalie commented, "I finally get to show off my convertible." I rolled my eyes at the two of them as they started making out, they were acting like they were in their newborn years ago again. Jasper and Alice groaned in disgust because of their behavior, Alice warned them to stop because of how it was affecting Jasper. I headed up to my room to get ready for school, then I passed some time by reading a book.

Alice knocked on my door and entered without waiting for a response, it was one of her annoying habits she had. She asked me in a low voice, "Did Bella go through with it?" I replied, "Yes, I don't blame her either." Alice stated, "Neither do I." Then she sat down beside me and said, "I don't see any one of our future after eight o'clock tonight, but I don't have a signal clue why." I asked her, "Do you think it has something to do with the wolves?" She said, "I don't know, it could be." I stated with no emotion whatsoever, "I guess we'll find out at eight tonight."

Bella's POV

Edward pulled into the driveway twenty minutes after seven, I already had finished my breakfast a few minutes ago. All of a sudden I felt dizzy and almost fell over, I clung onto the counter and called him to come in to help me. He was by my side in a second and asked, "What's wrong, Bella?" I told him, "I feel dizzy." I let go of the counter and fell backwards, but Edward caught me in his arms. He looked at my face and said, "Your eyes are pitch black, I think you'll feel better if you drink some venom." He lifted me into his arms and placed me on the counter next to the fridge, he pulled out two jars of vampire venom and handed them to me. I quickly drank both of them down and felt better almost immediately, Edward stared at me with a worried expression on his face. He asked, "Do feel better now?" I replied, "Yes," before I pulled him in for a kiss.