Chapter Nine - One Week of Observations

Chapter Nine – One Week of Observations

Bella's POV

I haven't sat with the Cullen's since that light fixture fell from the ceiling, Edward seemed more at ease because I was sitting with Jessica and Angela again. Jessica wouldn't stop asking me why I wasn't sitting the Cullen's, she was getting on my nerves and I wanted to crush her with my shield. I just avoided her questions and kept my eyes on my food, I would have been better off sitting by myself and Alice wouldn't of allowed that. Alice was still giving me rides to and from school, my hand was still hurting like hell. Alice didn't tell them about me possessing a shield, I was glad she was keeping my secret just because I asked her to. Edward hardly looked my way anymore, but his thoughts revolved around me and I knew this because I could easily get pass the barriers he put up in his mind.

I literally jumped when Alice tapped me on the shoulder, she laughed at me mockingly as I turned around to glare at her because of it. I asked her, “What do you want, Alice?” She responded, “I was wondering if you wanted to walk with me to class, so Jessica stops bothering you with her questions she's been asking you over and over again all week long.” Jessica asked, “How did you know I was asking her questions?” Alice said with a sneer, “Because I know you all too well, if someone sits with the Cullen's you spread the word around almost instantly.” I said, “Okay, I'm going with you Alice, I just want this conversation to end.”

I picked up my tray and dumped the rest of the contents in the garbage can, then I followed Alice to her locker. She asked me, “What else have you discovered about us?” I instinctively placed a protective shield around Alice and said in a low voice, “All of you guys are extremely pale, overprotective over your mates, and inhumanely graceful.”Alice asked, “Haven't you figured out anything more?” I replied, “Not yet, but I'll be observing you guys for about two more weeks and then I'll start doing my research to figure out what you guys are.” Alice replied, “Good, you're really just missing two crucial things. Can I see the list after school?” I responded, “Sure Alice, but don't tell them what I wrote down.” She said, “I won't, you know you can trust me.” I replied, “I know I can, you and Carlisle are the ones I can trust with my secrets.”

Alice and I began making our way toward the biology room, Edward was already in his assign seat when I entered the room. I sat down next to him and pulled my biology textbook and notebook out of my backpack, then I faced the front of the classroom as I pretend to ignore him while I kept tabs on his mind. I could feel him glancing in my direction and it was starting to get on my nerves, when I had enough I turned to him and said, “Either start talking to me or stop looking my way, it's driving me crazy.” I looked way and slammed my injured hand against the table in a fit of anger, the table literally shook for a few seconds because I had subconsciously put a shield around my hand. Edward thought, “What the hell? Didn't she hurt her hand?” I told him, “No, the person with the shield had their shield around me.” Edward remained silent after that and faced the front of the classroom, but I could feel Jasper staring at me and it made me feel unease. I let out a sigh of relief when Jasper faced the front of the classroom when the bell rang a few minutes later, I focused on taking notes for the rest of the hour as Mr. Banner began giving a lecture....

I saw Alice waiting for me by her yellow Porsche, her eyes widened in horror as she looked behind me and Edward yelled, “Bella!” I turned around quickly and see a car just a few feet away from me, without a single thought I wrapped a physical shield around the car. The car came to a violent halt and all the windows shattered from the impact of my shield, I released the car from my shield after the person driving it turned it off. Edward came rushing to my side and asked, “Are you alright, Bella?” I replied with a sigh, “I'm fine, Edward, the car didn't hit me.” He growled, “How can you brush it off so easily? You could of gotten killed Bella, maybe you should move back to Phoenix.” I yelled at him, “How dare you?! Don't you ever say that to me!” I shoved him aside with my shield I placed around me and walked over to Alice, I got inside her car just as she did. Without a word Alice backed out of the spot and took off toward my house, I threw my shield around Alice to keep Edward from hearing her thoughts as she was freaking out in her mind.