12

We were walking deeper into the forest while being careful of the three unconscious skeletons in our arms, I kept looking around as I felt something watching us. Tin was talking to dad with a slight nervousness that I quickly picked up as he was a bit quiet and speaking like he used to when we were humans. I adjusted Dust in my hold and continued to walk but slowly letting my magic surround the area and felt another's soul behind a few tree from behind. I kept walking but my soul was thumping in excitement. See, unlike the other sans's I was more active. 

Tin looked at me after noticing I released a bit of magic to the point of being undetected without a trained eye. He looked away and kept talking to dad as we came to a house further in the forest. It took us about 2 hours to get here. I looked at the house to see it was very broken down and barely holding on. My dad cursed as my brother glared at the house and adjusting Cross in his arms gently. 

My dad walked up to the door as the porched creaked loudly from the added weight

My dad walked up to the door as the porched creaked loudly from the added weight. Tin was careful to walk next to dad, I stared at the broken down porch to see that a few areas had holes in them meaning that its easier to get your foot stuck. I felt rage bubble up slowly but my smile was still on my skull as my dad knocked on the door and holding Horror gently. The door swung open to show Killer smiling at us but his soul song was so....broken. 

"hello, we came to return your friends to you before we leave. I do believe they live here, correct?" Dad said while smiling, Killer's soul song skipped as he stared at Horror who was in Dad's arms sleeping comfortably. I grabbed dad's coat and pulled him backwards as Killer threw a knife where his skull once was. I growled as my socket blazed with magic, Dad held Horror tighter as he stumbled backwards towards Tin as he stared with wide sockets. I threw Dust into Tin's arms as I kicked Killer in his ribcage as he grunted in pain. 

"you motherfucker! Θα μετανιώσεις που το έκανες!" (you're going to regret doing that!)

I growled out as I punched Killer in his jaw making him grunt, his soul song getting faster making me short cut away as he swung a knife where I was sitting on him. I scowled until Killer was picked up with a black tendril making me stop as the saddest most painful song reached my earholes causing me to pause and turned to the person or monster whose song was playing the tune to see Nightmare himself holding Killer with the biggest smirk I remember seeing on his fanarts. 

"Apologies for my subordinate, he tends to get out of hand when he meets new people." His voice was so deep and silky smooth causing a shiver to go down my spine, I huffed and narrowed my sockets at him. "doesn't excuse his action of trying to dust my pops, octopus." I said as I heard Nightmare's soul song skipped then screech slightly meaning the name calling annoyed him. 

"..hmm...I see, I will deal with him. what can I do for you three?" Nightmare said as he wrapped Killer in his tendril which covered his mouth making me smirk a bit as Tin coughed and waved a bit. "we believe these three belong to your household. They were in a fight with the others at their home causing a lot of damage to the house and their bodies." Tin said while adjusting both Cross and Dust as I glanced at the house again in distaste. 

"Ah, yes. I will take them off your hands." Nightmare said as his tendrils gently picked up the three making dad sigh a bit, I grabbed Nightmares tendril that held Dust and felt his soul song speed up then skip a bit. I slowly looked at Nightmare with void sockets and a frown. "..."

Nightmare lifted a bone brow as he stared at me, my grip tightened until Nightmare's tendril burst into blobs making Nightmare yell in pain and anger, I quickly grabbed Dust in midair and held him close as I stared at Nightmare who growled at me. I couldn't help my emotions as my left eye burst with magic, the thought of leaving Dust in this house that could make his condition worse made me act without thinking. 

Nightmare sent his tendrils towards me as I dodged them quickly and holding Dust closer, I quickly hummed a song to myself as I got faster at dodging Nightmares attacks. Tin and dad quickly tried to help but stopped once they heard my soul song and magic displaying protectiveness and care. They face palmed as I spawned a bone and deflected Nightmare's tendrils trying to reach Dust who was groaning a bit and blink his sockets in a slight daze. 

"W-wait! stop, my brother is just trying to help! he does mean well!" Tin yelled out at Nightmare who glared at him then at me as his tendrils stopped as I glanced down at Dust who slowly looked up at me, I smirked a bit as his sockets widened as his cheekbones were a lavender color causing me to chuckle. "What do you mean. He is holding my subordinate against his will!" Nightmare growled out as a tendril came directly at me, I turned towards it as my eye shined and I whistled out a tune causing the attack to freeze in place then go limp. 

Everything went deathly quiet as I adjusted Dust in my hold and grinned at Nightmare who stared at me in shock. Dust shook his skull and jumped out of my hold as his entire skull erupted in lavender magic as he pulled his hood over it and ran towards Nightmare, I tilted my skull as my eye lights scanned Dust's retreating form until Tin ran to me smacking me behind my skull making me fall flat onto the grass. 

"Honestly, brother. you could have used your words! You Always Get Us Into Trouble." Tin scolded me as he pinched his nose bridge in annoyance as I got up and chuckle a bit, dusting off my clothes and grinning up at him then shrugging. "meh, I just forgot I could when I saw the state of their house, bro" 

Tin huffed and rolled his eye lights while glancing at the house in thought as dad walked over to us while smiling as he checked over me for injuries making me chuckle quietly in amusement. Tin sighed heavily than looked at me as I dug into my pocket and pulling out a cig as I breathed in the medicinal smoke to relax my magic that was making my body throb in pain. That last attack isn't new but was always painful for my soul to do however it always saved my ass when I did it so couldn't complain. 

"well, we should be going now. I believe the others will be hunting us down soon after they tell everyone in that house what my son has done to save your friends." Dad said as he glanced at Nightmare who narrowed his sockets. I kept listening to their songs and noticed that Dust's sad melody was more calm, even and less lonely making me smirk a bit in pride. "Why are they chasing you and your family, if you do not mind my asking." Nightmare asked as he looked over Cross and Horror to see them in perfect shape. 

"ah, I threatened to blast their little human woman cause they hurt something I claimed as mine. I think it was fair but they won't. gehehe." I said while chuckling while tapping my brother as he sighed and nodded as he slowly walked towards our dad who was walking into the forest. I grinned more and began to follow them. 

"what or who did you claim." I heard Dust ask making me turn my skull to him and my eye lights shined in my sapphire magic, I grinned a bit. "You." I said then ran towards my dad who shouted for me to hurry.