51

I leaned against the big tree as I sent pulses of magic to check if our home was going to have new visitors but nothing came up so I closed my sockets and stopped my magic as I smiled a bit, enjoying the sun's rays against against my clothing.

----

I woke up and looked around as I was in a dark place making my confused as I completely stood up and dusted my butt. I began to walk forward as I looked around as a intrusive thought came to mind. 

'this is the void, aint it...how'd I end up here?'

I squeaked loudly as I heard quiet sniffling, I turned to my right to see a figure in the distance and their soul song kept repeating on a loop of a single tune. I frowned and began to walk towards them slowly as I tilted my skull.

"hello, are you okay?" I said making the person jolt then slowly look towards me as my sockets widened. "...d-da....n-no, your Gaster, Aint ya?" I said as I stared at the blob of the former royal scientist as he had tears rolling down his face while staring at me in shock. Suddenly, he stood up as he smiled happily

"oh, yes. You know of me!" He said while more tears rolled down his face faster, I stared at him as he smiled widely. "yeah...my dad looks like you. I just saw him earlier this morning." I said as I stared in amazement as he nodded.

"w-who might you be, you aren't my sons." Gaster said as he moved around me slowly as I grinned. "your right, I'm ash...short for Ashley. I'm a 'sans' but not really. i deviate so far from the original version that I am myself." I chuckled darkly as my eye lights shined. 

"...no, your human. or you were a human." Gaster said as he stood back in front of me, My smirk growing more. "ah, yes. was is the term. I'm Ash, nice to meet you Gaster." I grinned as I bowed a bit then stood up as I looked around me.

"hehe, I see you know me well then. nice to meet you as well, Ash. welcome to the void though you dont seem quite as scared as I imagined." Gaster said as he tilted his head. I glanced back at him and grinned. "cause I know where I am at. I'm actually apart of it in a way. gehehe."

"..a-apart of it?" Gaster said as he frowned. I nodded my skull as I pulled his shard piece out of his body as the tune kept repeating. "yes, I am. I got hit by the void and it shattered my soul only to reform into what I am now which changed lots of things. gehehe, you are missing a lot of your song I see" I said while humming as his soul piece slowly repeated and glowed a bit as Gaster's sockets widened a bit. 

"yeah, i figured as much." I said as I looked at Gaster and grin while my soul began to shine brightly as it began to let out a melody. "I'll help you find your original song....but you must never talk about my past." I said as I looked away as I walked a bit away from Gaster as his soul piece began to play the tune in time with mine making me smile a bit. 

"...t-thank you." Gaster whispered out quietly as I began to sing as images of myself as a human were showing around the void as silver tears slowly rolled down my cheek bones. 

"2 am, where do I begin

Crying off my face again