Prologue: Before the Beginning

There were once thirteen dieties. They were the personifications of the concepts of reality. Their names were Magic, Time, Void, Feelings, Karma, Life, Death, Chaos, Order, the twins Hope and Faith, and the sisters Fate and Destiny. Their purpose was to create worlds and fill them with life. But they needed inspiration. So, they had traveled the omniverse. They wished to see what kinds of worlds others had created. So they saw the creation and destruction of countless multiverses. They saw anything from perfect utopias to total anarchies. They saw worlds of human befriending monsters, to ones filled with magic with witches and wizards. They spent countless millennials just watching and traveling. Speaking with their counterparts and Creators on what they thought worked and what didn't.

Eventually, they decided they would create their first multiverse. Starting with five universe. With one in the center, that would eventually cascade into more thanks to ripples in reality and the timeline. At first, things were simple. Setting up the laws of reality on a balancing system tied to magical trees. (Why magical trees?) Magic being one. Positivity and Negativity being another . Life and Death being the last. Tied together by the energy of order, chaos, and the scales of karma. They placed them in separate universes in order to prevent the destruction of all three should one of the universes become damaged.

Then they decided that they should make guardians for the trees. But, what kind of guardians should they make? They didn't want to create mindless drones. Nor mortal beings with free will that can turn against them. But Feelings had a suggestion. What if they created avatars to protect them. This suggestion was met with thoughtful looks and whispering. They liked the idea. A dieties' avatar was an extension of themselves. Able to act autonomously. They lacked the memories of the deity, but were given a directive. They also had a limiter on their powers. This was due to the old deity laws stating that dieties we're unable to interfere with mortals once their world have moved out of it's beginning stages. So they were limited to the power standard of their world. Though the full power of a diety would quickly destroy the avatar anyways. It was often used to allow dieties to be able to experience the life of a mortal. Though many deity's looked down on this practice. But, they agree that there would be no better guardian for the balance than themselves. So they decided. Feelings would create an avatar to protect the Tree of Positivity and Negativity. Magic would create one for the Tree of Magic. And Death and Life worked together to create a pair of guardians for the Tree of Life and Death. This allowed the guardians to fuse should they need more power to fight against a foe.

With the balance now secure they set out to create the stories of their worlds. Destiny wove the path with which the world's story would be with her string. Fate filled it with lessons and adventures with her paints. Time created the timeline. Void with the help of Karma wrote the code of reality. Hope and Faith created Monsters. While Chaos and Order created humans. Life gave them souls and the ability to create bonds. Feelings filled their souls with emotions. Magic blessed the worlds and its inhabitants. And Death sat on the side lines relaxing until it was time to do his part. After all, everyone's story ends in death. It was only a matter of when. Unknown to some of the others, four more avatars were sent to the mortal plain. And two of them would meet without realizing what they were and fall in love.

With the worlds made, they decided to relax and see how the stories played out. In one world Kings reigned, but it was fairly peaceful. In the middle of a plain surrounded by flowers stood the now dubbed Tree of Feelings, with the young guardian Nim protecting her tree. In another world, immortal demi-gods born from stars ruled over different aspects. The God of Magic smiles as he watches his friend hold his new son. The seed planted to want one of his own. In another, the guardians of the Tree of Life and Death fight off a human with black eyes, crying tears of hatred. And in another, the whispers of war could be heard while the guardian of the Tree of Magic watches the stars. In the last, a young skeleton and a hybrid abandon their work and try sneak out of the castle together. The Royal Judge snickers as they pass.

Let's concentrate on that last world. We fast forward a few centuries. The couple are now happily soulmate bonded, with a child and another on the way. But, they have been trapped under a barrier underground by human. Their children may never see the sun or sky. So they work tirelessly to find a way to bring it down. Not just for their children, but for everyone. The eldest child didn't like seeing their parents work so hard. They hardly got to spend time with them. They knew it was in vain. The only way to bring down the barrier is with the power equivalent to seven human souls.

How do they know this. Well, they were reincarnated into this world. They died thanks to participating in a women's rights protest gone wrong. The removal of women's rights in the United State had practically started another revolutionary war. They were knocked down and trampled over after the officers had started shooting into the crowd. They had made it home, only to die in their sleep from internal bleeding. They somehow ended up a wandering soul in the void, rather then moving to the afterlife. When Time found them, he had been on his way back from visiting a neighboring multiverse for advice on a future crisis with no luck. Time was intrigued by the fact that they hadn't been torn apart by the VOID. They said that they took comfort in the touch of the void. It told them they still existed and they were simply too determined to disappear. Time saw this as an opportunity. He decided to make a deal with the wandering soul. They would help with negative interference in the multiverse, and in return they would receive their blessing and the ability to see the timelines. The soul was hesitant about the deal, but they thought it was probably better than continuing to stay in the VOID for eternity. So they agreed, but asked what kind of world they were going to be sent to. Time said it was a surprise. "Good luck, young Creator."

They later find out they were reborn in a young Undertale multiverse. They were both ecstatic and on the verge of tears. They had loved undertale in their last life. They both read and wrote fanfiction for it. Had a Nightmare and Sans plushy. Had a mug that said (*The warmth of this delicious beverage fills you with determination.) Cosplayed as Sans. All around was heavily into the fandom. But the amount of bull shit that happens in these multiverses meant they would be very busy. Anything from players, outcodes, anomalies, errors, accidental portals, multiverse hoppers, or machine mishaps could lead to problems. For the time being, they went to go finish reading their physics book. Then maybe go and take a nap. They're going to need it.

Some years later our young protagonist had just got home from work at the lab after picking up their little brother from school. When they felt the shifting of the timeline. They stood up and grabbed their brother and short cut to the entrance of Core. But, it was to late. The entire team of scientists was being pulled into the void. They hold onto the frame of the door. Their father is working frantically to stabilize the Core. One by one scientists are pulled in. As it was beginning to stabilize, their father looked around he and saw them. Looking straight into each other's eye lights, he smiles sadly, and was pulled in. That was the day Wing Ding Gaster was erased from the timeline. That was also the day Helvetica Serif lost her bonded soulmate, losing her sanity to grief. The loss of a soulmate can lead to soulbreak. Souls can be damaged not only threw physical means, but emotional. This is why monsters fall down when they give up HoPe. For those who survive it can lead to anything from forgetfulness and weakened magic to loss of identity. She would live out the rest of her days as River Person, leading others to their destinations, unable to find the lost other half of her soul. Speaking in riddles and no longer remembering who she was. Nor her lover due to his erasure. Leaving her children Sans Aster Serif-Gaster and Papyrus Serif-Gaster alone.

Young Sans would turn down the job of royal scientists to quickly finish collage and raise little Papyrus. In their darkest hour they would discover their previously unknown heritage that would aid them on their path. With renewed DETERMINATION, they would refuse to allow themselves to give up HoPe. They would take up the work of several sentry positions. Leading them to meet the Royal Judge Gerson, who saw something special in our young character and decided offer to train them as the next Royal Judge. They would be PATIENT with others. Share KINDNESS with those who need it. Stand for JUSTICE in the place of those who couldn't themselves. All the while, remaining DETERMINED to do it. These traits would follow them threw their life no matter the troubles or tribulation. With their Gaster Blasters (they prefer to refer to them as Skull Puppies) at their side, they would protect the small (but growing) multiverse. They would guide lost souls back home. Remove anomalies. Repair code. Sometimes fight invading outcodes. All the while, helping the human free their underground. Creating bodies for Chara and Asriel. As well as, looking for a way to pull their father from the VOID. While they wouldn't know it right away, then came the fateful day they met their first PLAYER.

This is where our story begins.