Ch.6 Multiversal Reset

Previously

"So what do we do now. We can't reset without Frisk? And, you can't leave the save screen with your injury. You would dust." Chara says in concern.

  "Frisk's saves are too corrupted to use anyways, and with the damage the PLAYER caused to the multiverse we need to reset everything. But, we still have their soul and we have another save we can use instead." I tell them.

  "What save?" They question.

  "Yours."

_________________________

  Chara looks at me as if I was crazy. Which I kinda was, coming up with this plan. I walk over to Frisk's body and checked it's pulse. It was still alive, but barely. Though, that was probably because we were in a place where life and death didn't really exist. I looked back down at my mortal wound. That was really inconvenient. Part of the next part of my plan may have been inspired by Geno, but I didn't actually want to be him. I sigh, while rubbing my eyesockets. I go and grab the soul. Now that the PLAYER was gone, it was a bit duller. It should still work though. I pull up the code to see it's DT levels.

   *Low Whistle* "Seriously! Even after everything the level are that high! I knew Frisk was a beast, but that is ridiculous. No wonder I needed to build up so much DETERMINATION." I say in surprise.

  Chara comes over to look at the screen. "Even if they had a ton of DETERMINATION, I thought we agreed that they didn't have enough to safely reset back to the underground." Chara recalls.

  "A normal reset, no. But, what I didn't say was they could do a true reset." I tell them,  mischievous smile on my face.

  "Oh Sans, you genius bastard! Of course you wouldn't tell us! That probably your greatest prank yet!" Chara says cackling.

  "Well I didn't exactly want you guys to get any ideas and completely wipe the entire multiverse. I'm not even sure if I would remember everything like I do during normal ones. Anyways, with the fact that you need to be in the SAVE SCREEN for a true reset we have a cheat." I explain.

  "Because the laws of reality don't exist here we can pull infinite amounts of determination and never run out. Like what we do for loads and saves."

  "Exactly, the law of conservation of energy can go suck it!" I exclaim, laughing crazily. Chara joins me.

  Once we calm down, I get to work pulling what I needed out of my inventory. We already have the battery, Frisk's soul. We just needed the equipment to hook up to my soul. I had to channel the DT manually through my soul, since I was the one using it. While, I would directed the magic with my eye light. A skeletons eye light was basically a built-in instrument for directing our magic. We could do it without, but it's a lot harder. Most Monsters create their own using magic. Asgore had his trident and Undyne had her spear. Mages have to make their own from physical objects. Anything from a staff to a piece of jewelry. It just needed to be something they could carry with them. Different traits had different requirements for materials, though. From a wood or metal to a type of stone or gem. My right eyelight happens to be able to channel DETERMINATION and KINDNESS. So I got that covered. I just have to be concerned about whether it would be able to handle the stress. Chara was just a ghost, even though they were attached to the soul it could no longer be used as a proper one due to the corrupted data. So, I have to do it myself. That was another risk I was taking. I could cause myself to become an error, from being in direct contact with the soul's code. But, I have to weigh the risks and consequences. Become an error, be booted from my universe as an outcode, and reset  everything I've ever known from existence. But, save my multiverse from dieing. Or, not do it and everything goes bye, bye. Ya, I don't really have a choice. I steal myself for what I'm about to do. Sorry everyone, it's the only way.

  I finally finished hooking up and securing the needles to the soul. I motion Chara over. When their by me, I pull up the code for Chara's saves, and run a patch on them to make sure they weren't missing any data. Now, I just needed to hook myself up. I bring my hand to my chest and pull out my soul. It was an upside down, red heart; with streaks of cyan, yellow, and green through out. It was wrapped in silver strings and had a ring of void black surrounding it. "What going to happen to you when everything resets? You hadn't been born yet when my original save took place." They ask me.

  "I'll be safe here in the save screen, since the void exists outside of the multiverse. I'd become an outcode, which means I would no longer be apart of our universe. And with my injury, I will be kinda stuck here until I figure out a way to get out. I can't guarantee you would remember me, since you'll be reset back to your original save. I can't even make a copy of your memories, because your just made of pure determination. I'll make sure to add an additional fire wall to the multiverse and individual universes to prevent further issues. But i just want you to know, you will always be my little heathen." I tell them with a sad smile.

  Chara starts to silently cry. I hold my arm out and pull them into a side hug. "And, even if I don't remember, you'll always be my big sister. Just make sure when I come back to tell me about what we were, ok? I always wished for an older sibling, even before I fell underground. I was pretty lonely back then. So I know you would be making my life time." They tell me.

  "It's a promise." I say. Kissing the top of their head.

  I let go and start hooking my soul up. I carefully insert the needle into my soul. *Hiss* It stung. I make sure it's secure. I look at Chara. "Ready?" I ask.

"Ready. It going to be so weird being alive again." They say.

  "That probably going to be the least weird thing after this. Here we go. Oh, and Chara call me Geno after this." I say. I look at Chara's save.

  "Sure but, why?" They ask me confused.

  "You'll see." I tell them with a knowing smile.

_______________________

Chara             LV 1           99999999999:99

  The End

Continue                True Reset

______________________

True Reset