Ch. 5 Operation: EASTER EGG

(Author Note- Knowledge drop people. Our Sans is considered a lawful neutral in alignment, and will likely remain so for the entirety of this story. This will be relevant in this chapter.)

3rd PoV

  In the judgement hall two figures can be seen fighting like the fate of multiverse was depending on the outcome, as a ghostly figure watches. Which it did. The hall itself was a mess. The pillars, windows, ground, and walls were broken and scorched. Bones, strings, ice, water, and vines could be seen all throughout the area. Blasters were floating around in the air, preparing to take shots at their target. On one side we have a small human. They appeared to be in even worse condition than when they entered. Their shirt was now strips of fabric hanging off there shoulders. Shorts were covered in tears and burns. They had dirt, water, and ice covering them. They were missing sections of hair, while the rest smelled burnt. Their entire body was riddle with injuries. Anything from cuts and burns to broken bones and stab wounds. It was horrifying. With their injuries, a normal person would be dead ten time over. But, this wasn't a normal person. It was an empty shell controlled by a PLAYER. They weren't fazed by the physical pain of their vessel during this battle. They would keep pushing and pushing until it broke, then reload and try again.

  Our protagonist was in much better condition. She had remained relatively unscathed. With only a few rips and tears on her clothes from last minute dodging. She was covered in dirt and water though. Sans was out of breath and sweating. Her red scarf trailing behind her as she dodge another swipe of the PLAYER's knife. Despite the situation, she was at a disadvantage. With the amount of LoVe that they had, it would cause massive amounts of damage. Possibly even, just one shoting her. While Sans had to chip at their health, but was unable to kill them thanks to them using loads. But, that wasn't her goal. She knew that this wasn't really a physical battle, but a battle of attrition.

  Her goal was not to chip at their HoPe, but their DETERMINATION. Comes in Operations: EASTER EGG. She implanted a Trojan Horse Malware that would increase the amount of DETERMINATION used everytime they load. When the time came it would then force them out of the vessel. Their power wasn't infinite, so if she could have them use it up enough she could overpower them with Override. Override was a rare DETERMINATION mage ability that was used before the war to stop other DETERMINATION Mages that went on insane rampages from high LoVe. It could only be found in beings who were neutral in magic and soul. They were eradicated along with hybrids to keep them from siding with the monsters. Only one person was left able to use it. That person was her mother. As a human-monster hybrid, she was able to handle higher amounts of determination and other traits than her pure monster counterparts. This was passed down to Sans. Combine that with a boss monster's naturally higher tolerance, previous humanity, and divinity; it allowed her to handle unprecedented levels for a monster. The only problem had been increasing her own enough to do what she needed to do afterwards. But, she already had a plan to take care of that.

  _________________________

1st PoV

  I stay DETERMINED as we continue our battle. I REFUSE to let all this be for NOTHING. I didn't get this far to just die.
But, I was getting tired and my bones starting to burn from my own built up DETERMINATION. I was reaching my limit. Just as I dodge another attack I hear a *PING*. Something pops up to my side. It my console. It's time. I go to press it when......

-9999999

   I feel a sharp pain slash across my chest from upper left to lower right. I fall back."Shit!" I exclaim.

  I quickly recall my blasters and do the only thing I can. I slam my hand on the console. Everything shifts. Instead of the iridescent black and pure white of an encounter, everything is a vantablack. The black was so black it would consumed light, if the place had ever seen it. We were in none other the VOID. Or at least, a pocket dimension in it. The SAVE SCREEN to be more specific. I hear shrieking. I get up and see the PLAYER on the ground writhing in pain, clutching their soul. Then, red and black pixelated smoke rises from the body and soul. With a swipe of my magic, I banish it out into the TRUE VOID. Hopefully destroying them.

   Chara floated closer to me looking at the body and soul, seeming to have gone back to normal. A look of confusion and relief across their face. They look at me and ask, "What just happened?"

  "I sent a Malware disguised as an Easter Egg in the code for them to find. It made them use too much DETERMINATION and weakened them, so I could Override their control. Then when it was time I brought them here. Then it did it's second part and kicked them out of their vessel, while erasing their LoVe fixing you. I then banished them to the only place I could think that they couldn't get out of, the VOID.  The SAVE SCREEN was the closest and safest place to the VOID I could think of to do it. Though, I didn't plan on actually getting hurt." I explain and look out of the slash wound on my chest leaking my determination.

  "So what do we do now. We can't reset without Frisk? And, you can't leave the save screen with your injury. You would dust." Chara says in concern.

  "Frisk's saves are too corrupted to use anyways, and with the damage the PLAYER caused to the multiverse we need to reset everything. But, we still have their soul and we have another save we can use instead." I tell them.

  "What save?" They question.

  "Yours."