Ch.29 New Friends

Sans blinks at me in surprise. "You Think Of Me As A Friend?" Sans asks, hopefully.

  "Of course. I wouldn't say so otherwise. I would be so lucky to be friends with the magnificent Sans. Let me properly introduce myself. I'm Error, guardian of the multiverse, goddess of codes and choice, forced goddess of destruction. I'm bi-gender and go by she/her or they/them pronouns." I say smiling at them, while I take down my hood and scarf, I lift my goggles up.

  Sans smiles at me a bit. "I Am The Magnificent Sans, Master Puzzle Designer And Sentry Of Snowdin. I Am Male And Go By He/Him." Sans tells me.

  Chara sits up more in my lap. "I'm Chara. I'm non-binary and go by they or them." They say. I then see a red figure appear beside us.

  I watch them as they solidify into a red see through child. Once they do I see a child with short hair and closed eyes. They are wearing a sweater, shorts, and shoes. They notice me looking at them. They come closer to me with a confused expression. "You want to introduce yourself? I already know who you are, but it would be rude not to ask." I say to the Swap Frisk.

  "You can see them?! I thought no one else could!" Chara says, the two of them look at me in surprise.

  "It's one of the perks of my position. Do you need to speak for them. I know that alot of Frisk alternatives are mute." I say.

  "Ya. They don't speak, but they can communicate with me through our minds. They said they're Frisk, first fallen human. They are gender neutral, and go by they or them." Chara tells me. I nod to Frisk.

  "I'm A Bit Confused. I Thought The First Fallen Human Was Dead. How Can They Be Here?" Sans tells me.

  "They here as a spirit that attached themselves to Chara. Like I said the two keep the balance of good and evil. Usually the first fallen human has the role of evil, while the eighth takes the role of good. It can vary though depending on the universe. Like this universe is called Underswap, so while Chara usually falls first and Frisk last, it's switched here. All of the personality and position of people in the underground are swapped around. Normally, the older brother Sans is lazy and the younger brother is the peppy one. Here your personalities are switched. There are so many differences between universes so it's not anything crazy. I heard about one called Storyshift where the Sans takes the role of the king, while the Papyrus is the role of queen. It gets trippy out there." I explain.

  "Wowwey, a King! I'm Sure My Counterpart Is Magnificent!" Sans tells me.

  "That's weird. I couldn't imagine Papyrus being the queen." Chara says, while Frisk nods in agreement.

  "Ya, the multiverse is an interesting and fun place. Though it can also be dangerous too. If I hadn't come here to interfer your universe would have turned into what is called a Horrortale universe, or specifically Horrorswap. You can see how things have been going now, you don't want me to explain just how much worse it would get. It's probably best that you do a pacifist run after this and give yourself time to recover from your ordeal. You said you hadn't figured out how to break the barrier yet?" I say.

  "No, I've tried everything! I don't know how to do it. No matter what I do I can't seem to figure it out." Chara says frustrated.

  "That's because you can't break it yourself. Don't let anyone know after I tell you, but Teme has to do it. Do a full pacifist neutral run and spare him. You then have to do a pacifist run sparing everyone, and making friends with them all. That means doing a hangout with Sans, become friends with Alphys after helping her and going back to her house, settle Nabstaton's battle peacefully, get Alphys and Undyne together after delivering Alphy's letter to the lab, make friends with Undyne, then you need to go back to the lab and find the "bathroom". I'll let you figure out the rest from there. Don't want to spoil it. But basically Teme needs to use all the souls of the underground besides yours. And no matter what, you can't gain any LoVe or ExP and you can't do it after a genocide run. It might take a few tries to get it right, but I'm sure you two can figure out the rest. I don't recommend you do it right away, since you need time to relax after everything. Teme's battle and trying to figure out surface politics is a stress that you don't need right now, alright?" I say.