Ch.23 Bonds That Tie Fractured Souls

I look to Nightmare full of love and acceptance. I can tell the bond I have with him is different than any other I've felt. Not the love of a sibling like with Chara, or one of a lover like with Reaper. This one was full of protection and care. To hold them close and keep them from the cruelty of the world. To never let anyone take or harm them. And, to make sure others suffered if they tried. I suddenly pull Nightmare into my lap and hug them close. I never imagined I would get the chance to be parent, but I wouldn't give it up for anything. I'm already attached.

  Nightmare seems to be surprised at my sudden action, but quickly accepts it. They wrap their arms around me and rest their head over my soul. They probably don't know anything about our bond yet, but they probably feel the pull towards me. It was likely created when I infused my magic into their soul during the exorcism. That created a parental bond with them. I'd say I'm too young to be a parent, but I'm probably one of, if not the oldest Sans in this multiverse. Heck, I think I'm technically older than Reaper.

I begin to trace circles on Nightmare's back and rock side to side. Nightmare yawns as their eyesockets begin to close. I start humming a tune. My soul starts to pick up the song thanks to my strong acceptance of Nightmare. I start to sing along.

_____________________

Fractions By Jupiter Vale

Wrapped myself,

up in all the tattered pages.

A forlorn fable.

Faded lines,

my message in a bottle is shattering now,

and sinking down.

I'm growing to know,

time as it goes.

Everything's changing.

Break me with that truth.

Take all my fractions.

Shaping something new,

out of the fragments.

Light up this old soul.

I was broken.

Now I'm golden.

Now I'm golden.

Oh Woah Oh

Woah Oh

Woah Oh

Woah Oh

Ooo Woah Oh

Woah Oh

Woah Oh

Grasping out.

Tell me that you hope to hear.

The words resound, that

growing to know.

Time, as it goes,

is life.

Break me with that truth.

Take all my fractions.

Shaping something new,

out of the fragments.

Light up this old soul.

I was broken.

Now we're golden.

Now we're golden.