Ch.10 An Encounter of the Soul Kind

Chara has visited me a few times since they left. They asked where Reaper was, but I told them he'd be back. I'm sitting in a pile of blankets and pillows, as I write in a notebook. I occasionally look up at the window to see how Chara is. I'm completely concentrated on what I'm writing. My bad feeling has been getting worse and worse. I tried checking the multiverse code for anything wrong, but nothing seemed to be out of order. I checked the timelines, but they were on track. I been watching the prime universe for any issues, but everything was fine. I tried to watch out for Reaper, but I couldn't find him. It's been two weeks now. I'm starting to get worried. But I can't leave, so I just concentrate on writing my journals.

I actually made them myself. The journals have been coded to be longer than they appear. I also water, fire, and magic- proofed them. They can even take quite a beating before their torn or damaged. I already had a diary that I would keep in the machine so it wouldn't reset. I made sure to update it on what's happened. I've been writing everything that I know about the Aus, timelines, Outcodes, and different multiverses. I didn't before because of my eidetic memory and safety reasons, but my feeling is urging me to write it all down. I've also put warnings and notes into it so I would remember important things to watch out for and remember. Now, I'm coming up with a sort of to do list of thing I want to prevent, people to help, or places to visit.

  "Prevent Nightmare's corruption. If unable, figure out if possessed to see if exorcism is possible." I hear a familiar voice coming from over my shoulder. I jump and turn around.

  "Reaper! You scared the crap out of me! Where have you been!?!? You said a few days, not two weeks! I was getting worried!" I yell relieved and frustrated.

  "Sorry. I lost track of time after I got a message from up top. But, I got what I wanted. What are you doing anyways?"

  "I'm writing a list of things I want to do when I get out. What was the message?"

  "They want to reincarnate me with my memories into Reapertale. They want me to get back to work. The tree was attacked again, and they don't want to take chances. So I'll have to go for a while. I still have time though. But before anything else, I have a couple things for you. So close your eyesockets and hold your hands out." He tells me.

  "Sure." I reply, as I do as he asks.

  He places something flat and round in my hands. "You can open them now." He tells me.

  I open my eyesockets to see a slice of pie. I start to tear up as I smile. It's a slice of Toriel's Butterscotch-Cinnamon Pie. One of the only items that can full heal. I look up to see Reaper smiling. "Thank you." I tell him.

  "No problem." He says.

  "No really, thank you, for everything. I would have been alone after everything happened if you didn't show up. I don't know what kind of head space I would have ended in if you didn't. You really helped me Reaper. I really appreciate our time together. It means the omniverse to me." I tell him from my soul.

  He starts to blush. "Really, it's not a big deal. I kinda owe you for getting me a vacation. Reaping malicious and resistant souls can get tiring after a while. But come on, I'm sure you want to heal up after being stuck dieing the last few months. I know just the place to go. Just be ready to start eating the pie. I don't want you to start dusting while looking at the view. Immortal god or not, that PLAYER did a number on you. How they figured out how to code that toy knife to be capable of negating a god's immortality is one of life's greatest mysteries." He tells me, holding his arm out.

I grab on, while holding on to my pie. Next thing I know everything is dark and I could hear distant screams and whispering. I couldn't see Reaper, but I remained calm. Then we were out. The first thing I see is a sky filled with star of all colors, flowing around eachother. It's like I'm looking at one of those photoshopped galaxy pictures, but it's better and right in front of me. We seemed to be standing in a grassy clearing leading to a cliff. We were in Outertale. I quickly snap out of it and start eating my pie. I feel the magic doing it's thing as my wound close and my health goes up. I pull up my sweater dress up to see it had scared over. I look to Reaper to see him blushing, while staring at my rib cage. I put it back down and clear my nonexistent throat. "Right. Sorry. So anyways, I have a second gift for you. But, I wanted to do an encounter first so I could show you something important for it. I just want you to check me." He says embarrassed at being caught.

  "Ok, sure." I tell him.

  We move to stand across from eachother. Reaper starts an encounter.

_________________________

   Geno     LV 4          HP 90,500/90,500

_________________________

..................

_______________________

*Reaper flirts with you.

_______________________

*You laugh, flattered.

_______________________

   Geno     LV 4          HP .5/90,500

Fight              Act             Item             Mercy

_____________________

Act

_______________________

*Check
*Hug   
*Flirt  

_______________________

*Check

________________________

*Reaper nervously hopes you accept your soulmate bond to him.

________________________

    Geno     LV 4          HP .5/90,500

________________________

..............

________________________

*Reaper spares you.

________________________

  Geno     LV 4          HP .5/90,500

Fight              Act             Item             Mercy

_________________________

Mercy

__________________________

*Spare
*Run   

__________________________

*Spare

__________________________

The encounter ended.