Ch.28 An Explanation

Infront of me is none other than Underswap Sans, though they look worse for wear. They were wearing a blue scarf, a blue and silver battle body, blue boots, and blue gloves. They have a large crack above their left eyesocket and their teeth seem to have been damaged. I hear Reaper and Nightmare gasp. I hold Chara closer. "HeLlO SaNs, I HaVE A SpEcIaL DeLiVeRy FoR YoU AnD YoUr BrOtHeR." I say trying to keep things lighthearted.

  The Sans gasps seeing Chara in my arms, then winces at the movement to their jaw. They then stand aside and gesture me to enter. I nod and walk in. The first thing I notice is Swap Papyrus on the couch either asleep or unconscious. They seemed to have suffered from a skull injury. This simply confirms that the Au was heading on a Horrortale path. Though, it's still salvageable. Once the monsters start to eat humans, that's when there is no return.

  I walk into the living room as Sans heads over to his brother. I give Sans a moment to try to wake Papyrus up. When that fails, he leads me to the kitchen. Once there they pull out a chair for me at the table and I sit down. Sans seems deep in thought. "ArE YoU AbLe To TaLk SaNs? I noticed it's painful when you move your jaw." I say, clearing my voice of glitches.

  "Yes. I Just Have To Speak A Bit Carefully." They tell me. I nod.

  "Well, I'm sure your wondering who I am. You can call me Error. I noticed the problems in your universe, so I came to fix it before it was too late. I'm sure you heard of the multiverse and alternative timeline theories with your science background. I have a sort of job to make sure that all the different universes are stable and safe. Sometimes that means getting my hands dirty, but for the most part it just means I act as an anti-virus or repair man to keep things running. Your Core's instability and human going missing is causing your universe to try to split. Most of the time that's not an issue, but because of the type of universe this is it could cause massive damage to the balance. I'm not sure how much you know, but your human Chara has a DETERMINATION ability called Reset. This allows them to go back to the point they originally fell into the underground. No one will remember any of what happened either. Well, except for your brother. They don't work properly on him. I'm not sure how much you will remember, other than flashbacks and dreams. If I'm correct you have a scar your don't remember getting across your neck." I say. Sans looks at me trying to process the info dump I said. Then removes their scarf. Low and behold a faded scar can be seen across their neck.

  "The Nightmares Are Real And They Gave Me The Scar?" Sans asks me. I sigh.

  "Yes, but you shouldn't blame them. Chara and Frisk are just keeping the balance of good and evil. You see, the way the multiverse works we run on a set of checks and balances. Good and evil. Life and death. Positivity and negativity. And finally, creation and destruction. Other than good and evil that Chara and their counterpart Frisk keep in check, the others are supposed to run themselves. Due to outside interference that is not the case anymore. I myself will likely be force to act as destruction if things continue as they are with creation not being held in check. Despite representing the yin of a balance, that doesn't automatically mean we are truly evil. It's more of a job we are force to do." I explain.

  "Why Are You Telling Me This If I Won't Remember?" Sans asks me. I give them a sad smile, as my eyelights begin to glow brighter.

  "There will come a time where you will be given the choice to stand up for your beliefs and take your destiny into your own hands. When that time comes, if you follow through, you will recall all that you have forgotten. It will forever change you and there is no going back, so you must choose wisely.While you will forget, your soul will remember for you." I said my voice taking on an echoy tone. Once I'm done speaking, my eyelights go back to normal.