Ch.7 Ouchies and Glitches

3rd PoV

  The code of reality shifts, as the wheel of time move back. Events that were taking place stop and reverse as if they never were. And, now they never would be. A corrupted spirit of negativity stops as they are about to kill a dog monster. Everything stops, as the guardian of the tree of magic was fighting an invading army. A lonely death god can be found in the void, having finished reaping a lingering spirit. He stops as he feels reality itself erase what was, to start again.  He realizes he wasn't effected due to being in the void. Looks like he became an Outcode. Woops. Curious and smiling, now realizing he had a lot of free time on his hands, he decides to look for the source.

  Void, Karma, and Destiny are secretly watching our protagonist proud at the feat their child had accomplished. They smirk knowingly as they see the other deities scramble around in a panic, trying to figure out what happened. One minute the universe was fine, the next it all reset. They had only looked away for a while to try to break the record of longest game of Monopoly with Monopoly: Longest Game Ever™. Fate's trying to think of a way to keep something like this from happening again. Maybe a sort of guardian would work. Time was to the side thinking about how things were on the right track to a brighter future.

_______________________

1st PoV

  I wake up on the "ground" to black nothingness. *Groan* My soul felt like it had been filled like a balloon until it burst. Which if you think about it, it had. I sit up look around to see that Frisk's soul is gone, likely shattered from the stress of being drained. The laws of energy may not exist, but it still could only handle so much. Their body was still there, so I would have to take care of that. I carefully pull the needle out of my soul. I see white glitches around it. Ok, not too bad. I put it away. I go to rub my eye sockets, when I notice I something else. I try not to panic. I carefully try to feel around my face. My left side was perfectly intact. It was my right side that was the issue. I couldn't see what it looked like, but I could take a guess. I could tell my right eye socket had melted and the front was covered in glitches, so I couldn't see out of it. My ecto-hair seems to have dismissed after I overloaded on magic. I look down at myself to see that my body had random white glitches. I was somewhat relieved at that. I really did become Geno. At least I was a glitch, instead of an error. I pull up the multiverse code and take a look. Everything was in working order and the fire walls were up. My crazy idea worked! I smile, sighing in relief.

  I pull up a window to the ruins to check on Chara. I see them unconscious on the ground injured, as a young Asriel is panicking at the sight. It looks like things are on track. I continue to watch as the young goat monster carries them on their back through (currently not ruins of) Home to their house to be treated. Soon, Toriel could be seen healing Chara's injuries as Asriel was watching. Asgore and a younger Gaster were speaking in the background. Curiously, I take a closer look at the Scientist. Something seemed different about him, but I wasn't sure what. I pull up his code to take a look. What I saw surprised me. The Gaster I was looking at wasn't my own. It seemed the reset wasn't able to bring him back from the void, so it created a copy. Concerned I check on my mother. She was currently working on building the core in a small lab, occasionally rubbing her chest where her soul was. I checked her code. I sighed in relief. It was still her. I was worried though. She would notice that the two Gasters were different. I remember being told they had been soul bonded already by this point. I looked at her sadly. It was likely she was starting to feel the effects of him being missing.

  The Sans and Papyrus that would be created would likely be more like the classic ones, since the two scientists wouldn't be together. The existence of Sans and Papyrus was written in the very timeline, so that wasn't changing. But this  means MY Pappy wouldn't be born. I tear up at the thought. Paps was a lot like the classic Papyrus in personality and appearance, but there was some differences. He was more powerful since he inherited a hybrid soul from mother. And, he was actually in the royal guard. Though we still did sentry duty together. He picked up painting thanks to my influence. He loved to play the guitar and drums. We would play D&D together. He would create the pieces and enjoyed being the dungeon master. I had raised him after father disappeared and mother lost her mind. So, we were always together. We had a lot of memories. But, this was the price I payed to save the multiverse. For now, I would let myself grieve everything I lost.

  I sat there with my eyesockets closed,  tears running down my face. I let myself feel my loss and pain, but not drown in it. I let myself feel the anger at the PLAYER and my fate, but not be consumed by hatred. I acknowledged that my feeling are justified. I take a deep, cleansing breath and let it out. I take another and let it out. I do this until I feel my soul settle. I wipe my face with my sleeve. I feel much better.

  Alright, since I was going to be stuck here for a while, I might as well do something to entertain myself. I go into my inventory and pull out some of my stuff. I literally had anything under the sun. From books and camping gear to clothes and craft supplies. The one thing I didn't have though was food. Before the PLAYER reset made sure to use it all up at the house so we wouldn't have to pack it. Then afterwards, I was too busy with the PLAYER  that I didn't grab any. I curse myself I could have really used that container of spaghetti Paps made me to heal. Or even one of Tory's pies. Now I was stuck between life and death until I could get help. Eh, I could use a vacation anyways. So, no rush I guess. I carefully take off Pappy's scarf and place it in my inventory for safe keeping. Then put my normal one back on. I change out my bloody lab coat for my leather jacket, leaving it open to keep blood from getting on it. I decide to catch up on some knitting and put everything else away. I decide to make a new blanket out of my strings. I could change the colors if I wanted to. I wonder what kind of design I should do. Maybe a space design with a save star border. That would look cool. Decided, I make sure to check on how Chara is doing as I go. Maybe I could take a nap later. It was going to be lonely here by myself.