Ch.17 Things To Do

(Author Note: Enjoy a chapter two days in a row in celebration to Undertale's 7th Anniversary! Enjoy!)

________________

I put my hood up and open the door. *Ring* I am greeted by a warm atmosphere. Both literal and metaphorical. The room was being heated by a fire monster behind the bar. I could see a group of dog monsters drinking and playing poker. A few different monsters sat around the room doing their own thing. I slowly make my way to a seat at the bar and sit down. I lay my head on my arms on the counter and relax. I could get my head together a bit, while I wait for Sans.

  This is all that damaged memory core's fault. I don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I can remember more now, but it's all confusing and out of order. There are something I wish I didn't remember, though. *Shiver* The genocides. I think with a some time and my journal, I could piece together what I got. I'll still have huge chunks missing, but it would be better than before. I still want to find this Reap or Reaper person. I remembered a bit more about him, though faces are still blurry. We were very close. We spent a lot of time in physical contact with eachother. I hope I could still do that. I'm not sure why I glitched when Sans grabbed me, but I hope it isn't something permanent. I think my book said people who lack healthy physical contact with others become "touch-starved". I would love to get one of those cuddles I remember. Actually, I have a lot of memories of cuddling different people. I must have really been a really cuddly person. I start to fiddle with my locket.

  *Ring* "Error! There you are. You kind of shocked us there for a moment. Let's get you that food I promised while we talk," Sans says coming to sit with me.

  "Sorry. I didn't really think about my magic being different than others. I just wanted to get out of the house so I could relax." I say muffled, my face still in my arms.

  "I get it. I come to Grillby's all the time to get away from everything. Isn't that right Grillbs?" Sans asks the fire monster. They nod their head, while cleaning a glass.

  "So about that food?" I say. Grillby grabs something from under the counter hands me it.

  It was a menu. I look through it. Everything was space themed. I tell Grillby I decide on the nova fries and chocolate milky way shake. Sans orders an astro burger and ketchup. He takes the menu and goes to the back through a door with a sign above saying 'Fire Exit'.

  "Alright. While we wait for the food, why don't we start to talk about what you remember?" Sans suggests. I sit up a bit.

  "Well, I think I was Sans before too. But, I got stuck fighting something called a PLAYER, possessing my Frisk. I was nearly dusted and escaped to the SAVE SCREEN. I had to do some sort of massive reset to the whole multiverse to keep it from falling apart from the damage they caused. After that, I was Geno. I met a skeleton who spent time with me there. We would always talk and cuddle together. My Chara would visit me too. The skeleton, I think his name was Reaper, had to go for a while. Then, a light grabbed me and took me from the SAVE SCREEN place. It left me in a white void by myself. After a while the voices showed up. They would yell insults and tell me it was my fate to be a destroyer, to destroy universes. I don't think I imagined them though since I can't hear them now. I think whatever left me in the place put them there." I explain.

  "That's quite a story. I had theories about the possibilities of alternative timelines, but to have evidence from a version of myself that there is an entire multiverse of alternative universes is mind blowing! Then the fact that there are entities that can take over Frisk, even with their DETERMINATION. Also, the multiverse being on round two. It's a bit much." Sans tells me.

  "That's understandable. I'm still trying to process it all too. Doesn't help I was supposed to be some sort of protector of the multiverse. For now, I think I'll look for Reaper and follow my list." I said to him.

  "List?" They asked.

  "I have a list I made before I was trapped of things I wanted to do, and places I wanted to go. This universe, named Outertale, was actually on the list of places to visit. With the view it's no wonder. I've always loved stars." I say.

  Grillby walks out the door and holding a tray with food. He serves us our meals. I am practically salivating at the look and smell. I hold myself back through. I didn't want to scarf down my food to keep from making myself sick. Outer slathers his burger in ketchup and drinks straight from the bottle. I start to slowly eat the fries, periodically taking sips on my drink. I could feel myself crying from the delicious taste. I'm eventually half way finish with my fries and most of my drink. " Thank you Grillby it's delicious. Best meal I've had in ages." I say smiling at the bartender.

  "Your welcome." They answer with a voice of crackling fire sincerely, then goes back to work.

  "How long do you think your sticking around. Your also hurt. I don't mind you staying with Paps and I, but I have the feeling you wouldn't want that." Sans said smiling sadly.

  "Sorry Outer, got things to do places to go. Thanks for the offer though. I'll definitely come back and visit." I tell him with a rie smile.

  "Outer, huh? I like it. The name's a real blast." The now named Outer says.

  I finish my drink and fries off, and set it to the side. Grillby takes our dishes. I take my hood off and start unwrapping my bandages. Outer seems to panic until he sees what was underneath. I start to feel around my wound. It only had a thin crack that had filled out. It would probably fade with time.

  "How is it all healed?" They ask me.

  "I have been channeling healing magic to it the whole time. The magic food probably helped too. The rest will go away on its own." I explain. Outer nods in understanding.

  I grab a few gold from my inventory and place it on the counter. "Thanks again Grillby. And you to Outer, for everything. I couldn't have asked for friendlier first faces to meet. Hope we can become friends in the future." I say.

  "We already are." Outer gives me a warm smile.

  "I should give a proper introduction, then. My name is Error. I'm bi-gender and my pronouns are she/her and they/them. Lovely meeting you." I say.

  "Call me Outer. I'm male and pronouns are he/him. Be seeing you around, Error." Outer says with a lazy wave.

  I smile at and start walking out. *Ring* I make my way to the side of the building. Once I'm there I open up the code and search for a few things. I was a bit rusty, but I let my memories do the work. My list had a priority level. Somethings being more important than others. The only places I know Reaper could be are his Au and the SAVE SCREEN. Anywhere else I couldn't find him. His Au isn't an option since the I don't remember which one it is. The SAVE SCREEN in the prime universe is currently abandoned according to the code. I remember I can't track him, because his aura blends and shifts around too much. That leaves me with option two. I find the universe I want to go. I've only been here once and the memory is still fuzzy. I open a portal directly from the code. I go to step through to Dreamtale.

  "Nightmare, here I come."