Ch.9 Let's Just Chill

It's been over nine months since Reaper came to the SAVE SCREEN. We've officially upgraded from strangers to best cuddle buddies. Reaper could always be seen physically touching me in some way. From having his head on my lap to draping himself over my back and shoulders. I didn't mind. I'm a very tactile person. I don't know what I would do if I had haphephobia like Error Sans. That would suck. Another thing, the first time I resummoned my ecto-hair after it dismissed, Reaper was obsessed. His eyelights turned to literal stars. I'm not sure exactly why, I haven't asked, but he's constantly messing with it. It got to the point where I sat him down and taught him different hair styles and braiding techniques. If he was going to constantly be handling it, he was going to make it look pretty. So, he will braid my hair different ways and unbraid it over and over again.

  Things were going well for Chara. They had been adopted by the royal family and the entire underground loved them. Chara and Asriel were their hope for their future. Chara occasionally touched a save star so they were progressing. Though something seemed to be bothering them. They would occasionally wake up on the middle of the night or look confused when seeing Gaster. Speaking of which, things went bad when Gaster met my mother. She was practically screeching at him about him being a fake and to stay away from her. Gaster was soul broken. Though to him, the love of his life just turned her back on him. Her soul ache had progressively been getting worse. She's been holed up in the lab searching relentlessly for answers to what had happened to him.

  Reaper and I are currently watching the two children playing in waterfall by the river."Uh oh." Reaper suddenly said.

  "What is it?" I ask, looking down at his head in my lap.

  "Just watch." He tells me keeping his eyelights on the window.

I look back up just in time to see Chara trip into the river. *Gasp* I watch in shock as they are pulled under the surface by the current. Asriel is crying at where their sibling disappeared. Just then I feel a shift in the SAVE SCREEN. Chara appears in front of us gasping for breath. I quickly dismiss the window, and head over to them. "It's ok. Your ok. Your safe. It's ok. Your ok. Your safe." I repeat to them, holding their hands, until they've calmed down. They look at me with tears in their eyes and say, "Sans, is it really you?"

  I look at them with a relieved smile and said, "I thought I told you to call me Geno now, little heathen."

  They launch themselves into my chest. I hold them tight, falling back. The two of us are sobbing messes, as Reaper watches us. We eventually calm down and start to talk about what's been going on. Chara explains to me about how they had been having dreams of us together. While I explained everything from the resets, their death, and what happened to cause it all to reset in the first place. How we had a life together on the surface as a family. How I had been dubbed their big sister. They were especially happy at that tid bit. I told them about Reaper, who they just now noticed  Though, the sly bastard had been making himself invisible, not that that worked on me. Eventually, they started talking about their life with the royal family. They were so happy and excited. I just listened, because I didn't have the heart to tell them I had been watching them, so I already knew.

  At some point, we ended up in a cuddle pile with Reaper. I was laying my head in Reapers lap as he sat, playing with my hair. Chara was tucked into my side, head against my chest. We just kinda laid there for a long while. Enjoying each other's company in silence. But I knew Chara needed to go back. So with a heavy soul slowly got them up. They didn't want to leave, but they agreed they couldn't stay.

  "It's alright. If something happens, I'll always be here for you. The only thing that can keep us apart is nothing short of the work of divine intervention. Even then, it might take a while, but I'd always come back. That's a promise. You can come visit me whenever you want anyways, so theirs nothing to worry. But, do me a favor and be careful. I don't want you dieing." I tell them.