TWO

I gazed at the disappearing back of Lily Hilton before heading my way to Ryder.

His injuries were okay, and he would leave the Lycan kingdom very soon for the territory of the vampires.

I knocked on the door of his appointed room before hearing a faint come in and opened the door.

Ryder looked at the window, standing with his clutched hands behind his back.

He gazed at the window with a solemn expression.

Ryder turned at the sound of the door opening, and his expression changed to his usual, annoying smile like the previous expression was an illusion.

''I didn't expect Miss carmen to visit me,'' He removed his hand from his back and moved to the bed, sitting down.

I ignored his comment, closed the door, and moved to his front, only a little further away from him.

I stood with crossed arms.

''What do you want from this vampire, Miss carmen?'' He smiled at me.

I looked at him for a while before asking, ''I want to meet the oracle, Ryder, or should I call you Indra?''

Silence.

Ryder didn't answer my question and continued staring at me with his smile.

His chuckle broke the silence, and he spoke, ''It seems you regained part of your memory, or should I say Artemis' memory?''

After his chuckle, he didn't smile anymore and stared at me with a blank expression.

'So this is your real self,' I thought.

''It is a pleasure to meet a messenger of the moon goddess,'' He said with a small smile before returning to his blank expression.

I stared at him with my palm squeezing my bicep at his words.

'Messenger,' I thought as I didn't know if I liked that name or not.

''How did you know?'' I asked.

''I am an oracle. Your aura is similar to Absalom,'' Ryder answered but ended the sentence in his thoughts, 'But more oppressive.'

'What happened that she is emitting an aura of a god?' He thought as he could sense it the second he woke up.

It is not noticeably oppressive now, but it will be in the future.

'Nyctimus will deal it,' He thought as he glanced at the room's darkest corner.

''What does miss carmen with me as the oracle?'' He asked.

''I want to ask if there is something you know of Typhon,'' I said.

Ryder didn't say anything, but I could feel the atmosphere turn very gloomy.

''No, I do not,'' He answered after a while.

I stared at him, seeing that he didn't want to touch on the topic of Typhon. I changed the conversation.

''As part of the Goldmoon pack, I apologize for the troubles and damages I brought to the Vampires' territory.'' I removed my arms from my chest and apologized.

From a different perspective, If I look at the battle, it was my fault as I brought Typhon to the Vampires'territory.

''It wasn't your fault, Carmen. It is the gods but thank you,'' He said with his usual smile.

I nodded and left the room since I couldn't get any information from him.

**********

After the door closed, Ryder looked at the window before turning to the room's darkest corner.

''Why didn't you want me to tell her?'' he asked the creature hidden in his room.

''The moon goddess doesn't want her to know,'' Absalom said as he came out from his hiding place.

''I don't understand why the gods are hiding that information from her and waiting for her to find out by herself when they can tell her,'' Ryder muttered as he turned his gaze back to the window.

'If I were her, I would be frustrated,' He thought.

***********

''I didn't get any useful information,'' I mumbled in a displeased tone.

''Carmen,'' I heard my name and  looked up to see Conrad about to enter his room.

''Ah,'' I mumbled as I paused my movement.

Since that day he pecked me on the lips, I became awkward around him as I didn't want to do after that.

For two months, although we slept in the same room, The atmosphere became awkward between us, or I made it that way as I stopped talking to him after that peck.

''Hey,'' He gave me a small smile, removing his hand from the doorknob and fully turning in my direction.

'It's okay. You are mates, Carmen,'

'This is what mates do, right?' 

Different thoughts passed through my head as I took a deep breath and walked toward Conrad.

''Hi,'' I said, and the atmosphere strained after my reply.

There was silence as we were the only people in the hallways.

''I shouldn't have done that, sorry,'' Conrad broke the silence apologetically.

''I wouldn't try that again without your consent,'' He added.

''It's okay. I am just not used to this,'' I nodded.

It was true.

I have never been kissed before.

How do you people behave after their first kiss?

Unfortunately, I do not know.

''I am sorry if I made things awkward between us,'' I added my side of the apology.

He nodded and changed the topic to clear the awkward atmosphere, ''Where are you coming from?''

''I went to visit Ryder,'' I said as I opened his room door and entered.

''I see,'' I could hear the dissatisfaction in his tone.

''Is there anything else I should know?'' He asked after entering the room and closing the door.

''What do you mean by that?'' I asked.

He stared at me momentarily before sighing with his hand ruffling his hair, ''Nothing,''

Another chapter.

Also the first mini mass updates for this book.

I didn't expect to get more than 100 reads immediately.😅

Anyways, thank you!😘

Also thanks for 500k on SACRED REJECT. 😚

Enjoy!